Participants will also learn and practice the return to sports exercises that will have to take place, the nutritional aspects during the rehabilitation period and immediately after and also the psychological aspects of sports injuries.
Holistic Approach to Sports Rehabilitation
"Holistic Approach to Sports Rehabilitation" is a multidisciplinary programme that provides an insight in the pathophysiological processes that take place in sports injuries, the physiotherapy assessment and treatment.
Learning Outcomes and Goals
On completion of this course, participants shall have fundamental knowledge on the:
- Pathophysiological processes following an injury – timing of rehabilitation.
- Assessment and treatment of common sports injuries – protocols.
- Exercise regime (Do’s and don’t’s).
- Importance of a correct nutrient intake.
- Sports Psychology aspects.
- Dietetics and Nutrition and Sports Coaching faculties will be involved in the delivery of the programme.
Highlights & Advantages
- A multi-disciplinary approach to sports rehabilitation in a country that started the Olympics.
- Site visits (out-of-class experiences that supplement lectures as an integral part of the programme) : Iatriko Kentro and a sports rehab centre of a football team (Olympiakos).