Obtain a degree from the University of East London
MEng Civil Engineering and Construction
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
Integrated Master (MEng)
5-year studies leading to an undergraduate and postgraduate degree
Lessons and laboratory training in labs with advanced technological equipment and machinery: Concrete lab, Materials Engineering lab, Soil Mechanics lab, Hydraulic lab, Geodesy and Engineering Geology lab, etc.
Enhancement of technical knowledge with field trips
International career prospects
Work opportunities both in Greece and abroad
The MEng course in Civil Engineering and Construction at the Metropolitan College provides the necessary skills to anyone wishing to pursue a career in the design, analysis and supervision of construction work.
The Civil Engineering and Construction science deals with the application of technical, scientific and mathematical knowledge in order to utilise the laws of physics and natural resources for the design and implementation of construction work (e.g. buildings, bridges, water supply networks, fuel storage tanks) and infrastructure projects (e.g. airports, roads, ports, dams).
The professional integration of Civil Engineers is multidisciplinary and multifarious, and it is related to topics linked to designing, studying and supervising constructions, configuring and maintaining buildings and roads, bridges, ports, dams, coastal infrastructure, airports, water supply systems, supply of clean water, mining, excavating, etc.
Adapted to the needs of Greek industry and development, the BEng (Hons) / MEng course in Civil Engineering and Construction provides students with the necessary tools that enable them to develop techniques and social infrastructure that will improve the quality of life of fellow citizens. During their studies, students learn and assimilate theory through laboratory training and fieldwork.
The Civil Engineering and Construction course is offered in collaboration with the British University – University of East London, and lasts 5 years. Upon its completion, the course’s graduates obtain both an undergraduate and a postgraduate degree in the science of Civil Engineering and Construction, in the same manner as in the respective courses of Greek and European Engineering Faculties.
MODULES PER YEAR
- Engineering Sciences
- Mathematical Applications
- Physical Sciences
- Introduction to computing
- Mental Wealth and Professional Life
- Analytical Mathematics
- Mental Wealth: Professional Life 1
- Engineering Materials
- Engineering Mechanics
- Applied Mathematics and Computing
- Land Construction & Surveying
- Mental Wealth: Professional Life 2
- Advanced Mathematics and Modelling
- Water Engineering
- Ground Engineering
- Engineering Surveying
- Structural Analysis and Element Design
- Industrial Placement*
- Mental Wealth: Professional Life 3
- Capstone Project
- Structural Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Transport Infrastructure Engineering
(* industrial placement is optional and has to be performed as an extra year of study, for 120 credits/ 60 ECTS)
- Mental Wealth: Professional Practice (Engineering Management)
- Applied Research and Engineering Practice II
- Structural Stability and Dynamics
- Design in Steel and Concrete
- Highway and Railway Engineering
- Intelligent Transport Systems
- Environmental Sustainable
- Engineering & Logistics
- Soil Structure Engineering
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Graduates of the Civil Engineering and Construction Department possess the necessary qualifications to seek employment in engineering/construction firms, or work as freelancers. More specifically, they can work on specific aspects of this professional field, such as:
- conducting studies focused on analysis and design of buildings, bridges, water supply and irrigation networks, roads, hydraulic structures (dams, spillways, etc.)
- supervision and control of constructions and in general management of engineering projects
- conducting studies on the environmental impact of projects
- provision of technical services related to the maintenance, repair and reinforcement of engineering projects
- provision of expert reports on construction pathology
In addition, they can continue their studies in postgraduate university courses in Greece and abroad for further specialisation.
This programme is aimed at graduates of secondary education who wish to advance professionally in the field of construction as Civil Engineers.
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of recommendation / reference from academics or employers
- Other certificates/degrees
Cases of candidates with proven knowledge in the field in addition to theirSecondary education are examined on a case-by-case basis.
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.