Obtain a degree from the University of East London
MEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
Integrated Master (MEng)
5-year studies leading to an undergraduate and postgraduate degree
Laboratory training with the use of advanced technological equipment
Plethora of professional prospects
Immediate professional integration in frontier technology sectors with high demand in the domestic and international market (e.g. development of embedded computing systems)
featuring students’ work
The MEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering at the Metropolitan College offers a comprehensive combination of theory and practice. Adapted to the needs of Greek industry and development, it provides the fundamental scientific knowledge and trains students in terms of its successful application, so that they can be in high-demand in the labour market.
The Electrical and Electronic Engineer is the professional engineer who deals with the analysis, design and manufacturing of all kinds of electrical and electronic systems at the level of non-stationary machinery or installations.
More specifically, the Electrical Engineer deals with problems related to large-scale electrical systems, such as power transmission, electrical installations and control systems of electrical machinery. The closely related science of Electronic Engineering examines issues related to electronics systems; for example, microprocessors, navigation and automation systems.
These two disciplines are at the core of the so-called fifth industrial revolution. Thus, graduates are in high-demand in both the domestic and the international labour market.
In line with the standards of the collaborating British University – University of East London, the BEng (Hons) / MEng course in Electrical and Electronic Engineering is highly participatory. Furthermore, it includes mandatory laboratory modules, which take place in the fully equipped, state-of-the-art lab facilities of the Metropolitan College.
Upon completion of the 5-year study, the course’s graduates obtain both an undergraduate and a postgraduate degree in the science of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, in the same manner as in the respective courses of Greek and European Engineering Faculties.
MODULES PER YEAR
- Engineering Sciences
- Mathematical Applications
- Physical Sciences
- Introduction to computing
- Mental Wealth and Professional Life
- Analytical Mathematics
- English Language Cefr A1/A2
- Mental Wealth: Professional Life 1
- Programming Languages
- Engineering Mathematics
- Analogue and Digital Electronics
- Electrical Networks Analysis
- Electrical Power Generation
- English Language Cefr B1/B2
- Mental Wealth: Professional Life 2
- Dynamics and Control Systems
- Telecommunication Systems Technology
- Microprocessors and Software Design
- Advanced Modelling Techniques
- Electrical Automation and Programmable Logic
- Renewable Energy Technology
- English Language Cefr B2/C1
- Mental Wealth: Professional Life 3
- Individual Project
- Microwave and Digital Communications Design
- Electrical Machines and Drives
- Optoelectronic Devices and Instrumentation
- Digital Signal Processing
- Advanced Control Systems
- English Language Cefr C1/C2
- Group Project: Mental Wealth – Engineering Management
- Electrical Power Systems Analysis
- Sustainable Energy Design and Reliability
- Mixed Signal and Dsp Processors
- Sensors Technology and Measurement Systems
- Robotics and Intelligent Systems
- Computer Vision and Image Processing Techniques
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Graduates of the Electrical and Electronic Engineering Department possess the necessary qualifications to seek employment as Electrical and Electronic Engineers in companies, or work as freelancers. The professional activities of Electrical and Electronic Engineers are related to the various different aspects of the speciality (subspecialities), such as:
- conducting studies focusing on the design of all kinds of equipment, main or ancillary, component or peripheral, for safe operation of an installation or non-stationary machine;
- supervision and control of proper operation of an installation; monitoring, repairing and maintaining as well as operating installation equipment; provision of technical services and expert reports related to installations and/or equipment;
- design and development of Embedded Computing Systems, Telecommunications and Electronic Systems, Robotics and Automation Systems.
In addition, graduates can continue their studies in postgraduate university courses in Greece and abroad.
This programme is aimed at graduates of secondary education who wish to advance professionally in the field of Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Certified English translation of Bachelor’s Degree and transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of recommendation / reference from academics or employers
- Curriculum Vitae – CV
- Evidence of work experience (where applicable)
- Other certificates/degrees
The student must provide certified copies of official certificates from their previous institution. It should state that the student has completed the programme or qualification. Additional documentation may be required.
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.