Obtain a degree from the University of East London
MEng Mechanical Engineering and Manufacturing
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
Integrated Master (MEng)
5-year studies leading to an undergraduate and postgraduate degree
Laboratory practice in specialised labs using equipment for strength and technology of materials, as well as CAD/CAM.
Graduates immediately satisfy the European requirements for obtaining professional rights
The MEng Mechanical Engineering and Manufacturing at the Metropolitan College provides the necessary theoretical, practical and technical knowledge for the design, development, control and supervision of equipment and machinery, in a wide variety of different technologies.
The BEng (Hons) / MEng course in Mechanical Engineering and Manufacturing of the Metropolitan College is offered in collaboration with the British University – University of East London. It is designed according to the required specifications, as set out by the UK Engineering Council in the Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC).
During their studies, students are trained in advanced topics in the science of Mechanical and Industrial Production. A range of assessment methods, such as written examinations, attending lectures and laboratory seminars based on performing written essays, encourage deeper understanding and enable the development of the skills necessary for successful professional employment.
Furthermore, the curriculum gives students the opportunity to expand their knowledge in electrical engineering and in the design and application of high-precision mechanical manufacturing. The mandatory laboratory modules take place in the Metropolitan College’s proprietary state-of-the-art labs using equipment for strength and technology of materials as well as CAD/CAM.
A major advantage of the course is that it is an Integrated Master (MEng). Upon completion of the 5-year study, the course’s graduates obtain both an undergraduate and a postgraduate degree in the science of Mechanical Engineering and Manufacturing, in the same manner as in the respective courses of Greek and European Engineering Faculties.
MODULES PER YEAR
- Engineering Sciences
- Mathematical Applications
- Physical Sciences
- Introduction to computing
- Mental Wealth and Professional Life
- Analytical Mathematics
- Mental Wealth: Professional Life 1
- Engineering Materials
- Engineering Principles
- Applied Mathematics and Computing
- Engineering Mechanics
- Mental Wealth: Professional Life 2
- Advanced Mathematics and Modelling
- Engineering Design and Analysis
- Dynamics and Control
- Applied Mechanics
- Thermofluid Dynamics
- Mental Wealth: Professional Life 3
- Capstone Project
- Advanced Mechanics
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology
- Energy Systems
- Mental Wealth: Professional Practice (Engineering Management)
- Applied Research and Engineering Practice II
- Advanced Fluids
- Automation and Robotics
- Smart Industries and Digital Manufacturing
- Intelligent Transport Systems
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The Mechanical Engineering and Manufacturing Department of the Metropolitan College prepares and equips students with the necessary skills to be able to respond to tasks, projects and studies that fall within the entire range of the field of Mechanical Engineering and Manufacturing. The course’s graduates can seek employment in several industries and projects, such as:
- design, analysis and repair of aircraft and motor vehicles
- design of small and large scale metal structures
- implementation of software for modelling and analysis of specific materials
- alternative energy sources
Furthermore, they can pursue positions as:
- Industrial Quality inspectors;
- Accident examiners / investigators.
In addition, they can continue their studies in postgraduate university courses in Greece and abroad.
This programme is aimed at graduates of secondary education who wish to advance professionally in the field of Mechanical Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of recommendation / reference from academics or employers
- Other certificates/degrees
Cases of candidates with proven knowledge in the field in addition to theirSecondary education are examined on a case-by-case basis.
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.