Bachelor of Arts degree from Queen Margaret University.
BA (Hons) Business Management
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
The Metropolitan College is a Full Member of the European Foundation for Management Development, the globally recognized accreditation body for business schools.
The only College in Greece that is a member of the European Business Ethics Network (EBEN)
Acquisition of professional experience in major Greek companies in the 2nd year of studies.
Participation in seminars held by renowned executives of major companies.
Training in simulation software for the establishment and operation of a virtual business.
Opportunity to learn English terminology as part of the studies.
The BA (Hons) Business Management at the Metropolitan College is the most comprehensive study option in Business Administration.
With its key priority being professional integration, the curriculum exposes students to realistic experiences and case studies with real business problems. By appreciating the complexity and particularities of contemporary enterprises, students acquire the necessary managerial skills. The Business Management course aims to form executives who are able to meet the demands of the business environment, both in critical sectors of business management as well as throughout the operational activity of a business.
The modules cover all Business Management sectors, such as Marketing, Management, Leadership, Finance, Accounting, Personal and Professional Development, as well as its contemporary functions, such as Logistics, Change Management and Business Consulting. Interactive and participatory teaching methods are employed and various learning techniques are combined. By utilising the trends and particular characteristics of the Greek market, this course incorporates all modern aspects of business management theory and practice.
Students are taught by professionals with a high-level of academic and professional qualifications. Completion of this course enables them to pursue careers in high-ranking managerial positions of any sector in the contemporary, global economy.
MODULES PER YEAR
- Study skills for business students
- Principles of Marketing
- Business economics
- Contemporary Business Environment
- Theory and practice of Finance and Accounting
- Understanding Management in Organizations
- Data analysis and decision making
- Business English I
- Human resource management
- Financial planning and controls
- Business communications
- Enhancing Customer experience
- Work based learning
- Marketing in practice
- Exploring strategy
- Innovation, entrepreneurship and start-ups
- Organisational behaviour
- Business research methods
- Value driven marketing
- Logistics and supply chain management
- Management insight & consultancy
- Contemporary Issues in Management
- Honours dissertation
- Leading Sustainability and Change
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Graduates of the Business Marketing department are adequately trained to advance professionally in the domestic and international field of business organisation and management.
More specifically, they can pursue careers as:
- executives in major businesses and organisations in the private and public sectors
- executives in SMEs
- business consultants
- sales executives
- innovation executives in multinational companies (intrapreneurs)
- independent entrepreneurs, by establishing their own start-up or managing their family business in a modern manner
In addition, they can continue their studies in postgraduate courses in Greece and abroad.
The programme is aimed at graduates of secondary education who wish to advance professionally in departments dealing with business management, organisation and finance.
The programme is addressed to high-school leavers who wish to pursue a career in the area of Business Management.
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of recommendation / reference from academics or employers
- Other certificates/degrees
Cases of candidates with proven knowledge in the field in addition to theirSecondary education are examined on a case-by-case basis.
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above.