Master of Science degree from Oxford Brookes University.
MSc Entrepreneurship and Innovation
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
The Metropolitan College is a Full Member of the European Foundation for Management Development, the globally recognized accreditation body for business schools.
Ability to study entirely in Greek.
Start-up project development
Lessons in specialised laboratories for the development of a personal business idea.
Opportunity to present business ideas to successful entrepreneurs and startupers.
The only College in Greece that is a member of the European Business Ethics Network (EBEN)
Possibility of obtaining specialised certifications
Seminars and certifications from a top company in Business Coaching and Mentoring.
Lectures by successful startupers.
Flexible class schedule
Ideal timetable for working students and completion of studies in one academic year.
The MSc in Entrepreneurship and Innovation by the Metropolitan College focuses on innovation, which is at the core of new or small/medium enterprises. On this basis, it provides students with the necessary qualifications, tools and personal skills in order to realise their business idea or give their company a new impetus.
The financing of innovative business ideas by European and Greek development programmes has led to the rapid development of entrepreneurship ecosystems and the emergence of several successful start-ups in Greece in the past few years. In spite of the success that several Greek start-ups and developing SMEs have experienced, Greece is perhaps the only developed country that does not provide aspiring young entrepreneurs, SME owners and those wishing to work in R&D departments with the opportunity of receiving academic education.
The Master’s course in Entrepreneurship and Innovation is the only postgraduate degree offered in Greece that specialises in this particularly demanding subject. It combines theoretical, technological, methodological and management issues, offering students a comprehensive and broad understanding of the business world and development of business innovation. The programme is completed by giving students the opportunity to develop a business/product innovation of their own, aiming to contribute to the development of innovative products and services for businesses that are already established.
The programme’s learning objectives are also achieved through the use of advanced software at the laboratories of the Metropolitan College’s Business Management and Economics Faculty, where students have the opportunity to be taught by academics with extensive experience in business coaching & mentoring as well as with experience in management of start-ups and SMEs.
- Entrepreneurial Theory and Practice
- Methods of Enquiry
- Creativity to Insight to Action
- Social Enterprise and Innovation
- Innovation and Futures
- Project Management and Change Leadership
- Planning for New Business Ventures
- Dissertation or Client Project or Design Project or Business Start-up
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The MSc in Entrepreneurship & Innovation provides those who wish to pursue a career in the management of start-ups and SMEs with the necessary qualifications. The programme’s graduates acquire all the skills that are required in order to:
- manage/develop their own SME (entrepreneurs)
- establish their own start-up
- work as innovation executives in organised R&D departments of major businesses (intrapreneurs)
- work as independent specialised business consultants (business coaches, business mentors)
- work as specialised business development executives in multinational Business Consulting firms.
The Master’s degree in Entrepreneurship and Innovation is mainly aimed at graduates and SME executives/owners who wish to acquire knowledge and technical skills in order to conceive and implement their own business idea or to grow their SME through innovation.
For admission to the programme, applicants should normally possess the following:
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Certified English translation of bachelor’s degree and transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of recommendation / reference from academics or employers
- Curriculum Vitae – CV
- Evidence of work experience (where applicable)
- Other certificates/degrees
For admission to the programme in the Greek language, non-Greek nationals or Greek nationals who have been schooled overseas may be admitted to the programme on demonstrating that:
Appropriate certification of Greek language competency recognised by the Greek educational authorities.
Candidates who have completed secondary or post-secondary education in Greece will automatically meet the Greek language requirements.
For admission to the programme in the English language, where the first language is not English, candidates must demonstrate the following:
- IELTS minimum level 6.5 (with a minimum of 6.0 in reading and writing) or equivalent
- Candidates who have completed an undergraduate degree with another UK Higher Education Institution in the English language will automatically meet the English language requirements
Applicants will normally be invited for a formal interview that complements the evaluation of the above documentation.