Internationally recognised Bachelor of Science degree from the University of East London.
BSc (Hons) Computer Science
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
Ability to study entirely in Greek.
Certified by CISCO
The Metropolitan College is the 1st Greek College that was recognised as an official certified centre by CISCO and offers Computing students the opportunity to obtain CISCO certifications during their studies.
Member of SEPE
The Metropolitan College is a member of SEPE, the Federation of Hellenic Information Technology & Communications, Enterprises.
Member of ORACLE
A member of the Oracle University Workforce Development Program. During their studies, Computing students are provided with the opportunity to obtain Oracle certifications.
Metropolitan College is a partner of the leading technology solutions company worldwide, Microsoft.
Metropolitan College is the 1st College in Greece that has received the British Computer Societ (BCS) Academic Membership.
Metropolitan College has been also recognized as; EC-Council Academia partner, SAP University Alliances Member and GitHub Education Member.
Classes in laboratories
Numerous hours of learning in the purpose-built proprietary Computing labs with state-of-the-art equipment.
Emphasis placed on the fields of Artificial Intelligence and Software Development for mobile devices.
Immediate professional integration
Marketing graduates have international career prospects within Greece and abroad, through the Metropolitan College’s career office and network of collaborating companies.
Plethora of innovative seminars
Attendance of a substantial number of seminars held by renowned professionals in the field of Computing.
The BSc (Hons) in Computer Science of the Metropolitan College is one of the most comprehensive study options in Computing available in Greece. The main objective of the course is to offer students the necessary theoretical knowledge related to Computer Science and at the same time to cultivate the practical skills required for a successful career in this field.
Market needs are growing rapidly in terms of specialised professionals in the field of Computing and New Technologies. A wide range of computer systems, software and applications – designed to perfection – are now part of our daily lives and are often critical to the smooth operation and survival of an organisation. The skilled professionals who design, implement and maintain these systems are valuable to any business.
The BSc (Hons) in Computer Science curriculum combines knowledge from key scientific fields such as Management Information Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Operation Systems, Computer Networks, Internet Technologies, Programming, Algorithm Theory and Communication Systems Security. Graduates of the BSc (Hons) in Computer Science are competitive in the modern labour market and can undertake business projects such as the design of information systems, the creation of a platform for electronic data transmission, the development of internet systems and mobile devices, etc. Furthermore, the Metropolitan College offers its Computer Science graduates the opportunity to continue their studies in the only MSc in Information Security and Computer Forensics available in Greece.
MODULES PER YEAR
- Information Systems Modelling & Design
- Software Development
- Computer Systems & Networks
- Web Technologies
- Maths for Computing
- Mental Wealth; Professional Life 1 (IT Project Pitching)
- Database Systems
- Data Communications and Networks
- Advanced Programming
- Data Structures & Algorithms
- Web and Mobile App Development
- Mental Wealth; Professional Life 2 (Computing in Practice)
- Mental Wealth; Professional Life 3 (Project)
- Computer and Network Security
- Artificial Intelligence
- Formal Methods
- Advanced Topics in Computer Science
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The BSc (Hons) in Computer Science provides the necessary skills to those who wish to advance professionally in the field of Computing and New Technologies. Graduates of the Computer Science Department can pursue successful careers in Greek and multinational companies as:
- Software Engineers, with emphasis on Internet and Mobile applications
- Information Systems Analysts
- Telecommunication Network Engineers
- Information Security Engineers
- Database administrators and designers, etc.
Moreover, they can:
- Work as Business Consultants on issues related to IT and communications, in commercial companies of all sizes as well as in various public and private bodies.
- Obtain professional accreditation from the world-renowned British institutions IMIS (Institute for the Management of Information Systems) and BCS (British Computer Society).
- Continue their studies in postgraduate courses in Greece and abroad.
This programme is aimed at graduates of secondary education who wish to advance professionally in the field of Computing and new technologies.
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of recommendation / reference from academics or employers
- Other certificates/degrees
Cases of candidates with proven knowledge in the field in addition to their secondary education are examined on a case-by-case basis.
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.