Internationally recognised Bachelor of Science degree from the Oxford Brookes University
BSc (Hons) Information Technology for Business
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
Ability to study entirely in Greek.
Classes in laboratories
Numerous hours of learning in the purpose-built proprietary Computing labs with state-of-the-art equipment.
Member of SEPE
The Metropolitan College is a member of SEPE, the Federation of Hellenic Information Technology & Communications, Enterprises.
Certified by CISCO
The Metropolitan College is the 1st Greek College that was recognised as an official certified centre by CISCO and offers Computing students the opportunity to obtain CISCO certifications during their studies.
Member of ORACLE
A member of the Oracle University Workforce Development Program. During their studies, Computing students are provided with the opportunity to obtain Oracle certifications.
Metropolitan College is a partner of the leading technology solutions company worldwide, Microsoft.
Metropolitan College is the 1st College in Greece that has received the British Computer Societ (BCS) Academic Membership.
Metropolitan College has been also recognized as; EC-Council Academia partner, SAP University Alliances Member and GitHub Education Member.
Emphasis placed on the fields of Artificial Intelligence and Software Development for mobile devices.
Immediate professional integration
Marketing graduates have international career prospects within Greece and abroad, through the Metropolitan College’s career office and network of collaborating companies.
Plethora of seminars
Attendance of a substantial number of seminars held by renowned professionals in the field of Computing.
Student counselling support
The Metropolitan College’s Career Office provides guidance on a number of issues, such as writing a resume and attending a professional interview.
The BSc (Hons) course in Information Technology for Business at the Metropolitan College was designed to meet the needs of businesses for executives who are capable of managing the technological operations and requirements of a modern business environment.
The continuous evolution of technology and the way in which modern businesses operate create the need for executives who are capable to grasp the purely technical IT aspect and the significance of new technologies, as well as to improve a company’s internal operation and to help businesses maintain a robust competitive profile in the field of Computing.
MODULES PER YEAR
- Information systems
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Problem Solving and Programming
- Networks and Multimedia
- International Business and Management
- Applications Development
- Information Systems Management
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Innovative Products Development
- Information Systems Security
- International Business Strategy
- Thesis Project
- IT Project Management
- Business ethics
- Decision Making and Business Intelligence
- Software Engineering
- Intelligent Systems Programming
- Businesses at the Top of Technology
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Graduates of the BSc (Hons) in Information Technology for Business possess all the qualifications necessary to have successful careers in a wide range of companies, both Greek and multinational, as:
- Business Consultants
- Information Systems Analysts
Moreover, they can:
- Work as Business Consultants for issues related to IT and communications, in commercial companies of all sizes as well as in various public and private bodies.
- Continue their studies in postgraduate courses in Greece and abroad.
This programme is aimed at graduates of secondary education who wish to advance professionally in the field of Computing and new technologies.
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of recommendation / reference from academics or employers
- Other certificates/degrees
Cases of candidates with proven knowledge in the field in addition to theirSecondary education are examined on a case-by-case basis.
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.