Master of Science degree from the University of East London
MSc Information Security and Digital Forensics
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
Opportunity to obtain certifications from CISCO and Oracle
Lessons in laboratories with advanced technology equipment and software
Member of SEPE
The Metropolitan College is a member of SEPE, the Federation of Hellenic Information Technology & Communications, Enterprises.
Ability to study entirely in Greek
Flexible class schedule
Ideal timetable for working students and completion of studies in one academic year.
Certified by CISCO
The Metropolitan College is the 1st Greek College that was recognised as an official certified centre by CISCO and offers Computing students the opportunity to obtain CISCO certifications during their studies.
Member of SAP
A member of the international network SAP University Alliances. During their studies, Computing students are offered specialised seminars by SAP, the leading company in the IT sector.
Member of ORACLE
A member of the Oracle University Workforce Development Program. During their studies, Computing students are provided with the opportunity to obtain Oracle certifications.
Partner of EC-Council Academia
The Metropolitan College is an official EC-Council Academia Partner, the largest information systems certification body in the world, aiming at the provision of high-quality academic courses in Information Security (Cybersecurity).
The MSc in Information Security and Digital Forensics is the only master’s degree offered in Greece in this field. This specialised postgraduate course provides a combination of theoretical and practical background in combating criminal activities related to computer systems, networks and the internet.
The rapid rise of cybercrime related to the internet and information systems requires expert Computing scientists, with skills and knowledge that will enable them to shield information systems as well as manage the findings from criminal activities through computers.
The MSc in Information Security and Computer Forensics at the Metropolitan College combines in a unique way technological, legal and management aspects, giving students a comprehensive and holistic understanding of their subject of studies. It focuses on the development of skills for shielding information systems through the implementation of appropriate precautionary measures and aims at the timely identification of possible weaknesses. It also focuses on the collection, extraction and analysis of digital evidence, in order to be able to perform complete forensic analysis of malicious activities.
Forensic analysis is achieved through advanced software, such as EnCase and Forensic ToolKit, which are used by the competent authorities and computer security organisations around the world. Furthermore, particular emphasis is placed on familiarising students with key legal issues related to the field of information systems.
- Security Management
- Computer Security
- Information Technology and Internet Law
- Digital Forensics
- Mental Wealth; Professional Life (Dissertation)
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The MSc in Information Security and Computer Forensics provides those who wish to advance professionally in the fields of Computer Networks, Telecommunications and Computing in general with the skills required.
The programme’s graduates can:
- Have successful careers as middle-level and top-tier executives in:
companies providing information systems security services, companies that develop software or hardware solutions for information security services, electronic security and cybercrime governmental authorities.
- Work as freelancers undertaking the provision of services in their areas of specialisation (e.g. cybercrime investigation, security evaluation of local information systems and networks, etc.).
- Obtain certifications from the internationally recognised bodies CDFS (Consortium of Digital Forensics Specialists) and BCS (British Computing Society).
- Work as specialised consultants in the field of computer security.
This programme is aimed at graduates and professionals who wish to advance professionally in the field of information security and computer forensics.
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Certified English translation of Bachelor’s Degree and transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of recommendation / reference from academics or employers
- Curriculum Vitae – CV
- Evidence of work experience (where applicable)
- Other certificates/degrees
The student must provide certified copies of official certificates from their previous institution. It should state that the student has completed the programme or qualification. Additional documentation may be required.
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.