Bachelor of Arts from University of East London.
BA (Hons) Music Technology & Production
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
Creation of music project
Students create their own music project.
Provision of equipment and technical support to produce music projects.
Lectures and seminars by professionals of the music industry.
Simultaneous attending of seminars by renowned special educators.
The BA (Hons) Music Technology & Production at Metropolitan College is focused on Digital Technology and New Technologies, preparing students who wish to follow a career in Music Production for the opportunities and challenges of the 21st century.
The BA (Hons) Music Technology & Production programme is offered in collaboration with the British University of East London and it is designed to fully cover all aspects of the subject of Music Technology and Sound Engineering both at an academic and at a practical level. Offering a dynamic combination of courses on music creation with the use of computers, music production in studios, as well as music and sound design, the programme also covers all contemporary music genres (ranging from experimental rock to electronic dance music).
During their studies, students create their own personal portfolio which includes their projects, thus compiling their final Music Project that will lead to the dissertation which shall be completed shortly before their graduation. The project portfolio adheres to high-level professional standards and constitutes the key factor to promote graduates in the job market, increasing their chances at a successful career.
The academic team of the programme is staffed by professional musicians, composers, producers and performers with several years of experience in academic teaching who act as the connective tissue between the students and the music industry.
The third year of studies includes a practice-based placement in professional venues where students have the opportunity to implement all the knowledge they acquired during the previous years. Also, the BA (Hons) Music Technology & Production gives the opportunity of direct admission to the last year of studies, following an evaluation of the candidate’s former relevant education or professional experience.
MODULES PER YEAR
- Music Technology and Production Technique 1
- Collaboration 1
- Public Project 1
- Music Technology and Production Technique 2
- Collaboration 2
- Mental Wealth: Professional Life 1
- Music Technology and Production Craft 1
- Multidisciplinary Collaboration 1
- Public Project 2
- Music Technology and Production Craft 2
- Multidisciplinary Collaboration 2
- Mental Wealth: Professional Life Enterprise and Engagement 2
- Music Technology and Production Advanced Practice and Innovation
- Final Project: Research and Development
- Public Project 3
- Music Technology and Production Advanced Practice and Enterprise
- Final Project: Engagement and Impact
- Mental Wealth: Professional Life Enterprise and Engagement 3
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The BA (Hons) Music Technology & Production programme of Metropolitan College offers the necessary qualifications to those who want to advance professionally in the field of Music Technology and Production.
Graduates of the BA (Hons) Music Technology & Production will be able to:
- work in TV, film, radio and online projects as music producers, Djs, assistant sound engineers and sound engineers, as well as in musical, dance and theatrical performances etc.
- create their own music productions,
- work in the audio-visual industry, in music production, sound recording and sound processing teams.
In addition, they can continue their studies in postgraduate university programmes in Greece and abroad.
The programme is addressed to graduates of secondary education who wish to pursue a career in the field of Music Technology and Production.
- Copy of High School Certificate
- Letters of Recommendation by High School teachers
- Copy of Identity Card
- Passport-sized photos
- Copy of English language certificate (if required)
- Other certificates/degrees
- AMC Application Form
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.
Cases of candidates with proven knowledge in the field in addition to their secondary education are examined on a case-by-case basis.