Bachelor of Arts from University of East London.
BA in Media Production - Film Directing
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
Creating a Short Film
Students will direct their own short graduate film with a maximum duration of 30 min.
Participation in Festivals
The short graduate films participate in Greek and International Festivals.
Directors with a host of distinctions and first place awards for their graduate films in local and international festivals.
Active participation in real working conditions
Active participation of students in TV news and shows.
Visits in TV and film studios, and TV networks.
Lectures and seminars by renowned professional directors.
International career prospects
Opportunity to work in Greece and abroad
Studying Media Production - Film Directing at Metropolitan College is the ticket of every ambitious creator who dreams of a future career in the film industry. The BA in Media Production - Film Directing is one of the most award-winning programmes in Film Directing in Greece as the films of students and graduates have been distinguished and received the Best Direction and Best Film awards in Greek and International Film Festivals.
The curriculum is designed to offer a comprehensive approach to meet the requirements of Film Directing both at an academic and at a practical level. The content of the courses gives particular emphasis on Digital Technology and focuses on the ever-evolving New Technologies which are used in the job market. Students attend theoretical courses on films and media, as well as practical courses on the implementation of theory in practice while creating the respective projects (script writing, short films, filming in studios and open spaces).
The curriculum includes courses on short films production during the first two years of the programme as well as the mandatory completion of a short graduate film (Applied Film-making Project). The graduate film may participate in international short film festivals in Greece and abroad, providing the student with the opportunity of becoming known in the job market and gaining professional accolades.
MODULES PER YEAR
- Media Production 1
- Narrative and Representation in Film and Media
- Introduction to Media Audiences
- Introduction to Journalism
- Data Journalism, Researching & Reporting
- Ethical Issues in Journalism
- Journalism Writing and Interviewing
- Social Media Trends
- Media Production 2
- Media and Popular Culture
- Press and Public Relations
- Print and Digital Journalism
- Specialist Journalism
- Broadcast Journalism
- Media Culture and Society
- Strategies in the Converging Media Market
- Information Management on Digital Platforms
- Applied Journalism Project
- Online Journalism
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The BA in Media Production – Film Directing programme of Metropolitan College offers the necessary qualifications to those who want to pursue a career and excel in the Film Directing and Production industry.
Graduates of the BA in Media Production – Film Directing programme will be able to:
- work in TV, film and online productions as assistant directors and assistant producers,
- in theatre productions as stage managers and assistant directors,
- in musical and dance performances as creators of the audio-visual parts of the shows etc.
- create their own short-, medium- and feature-length films,
- work in the audio-visual industry, in directing and production teams.
In addition, they can continue their studies in postgraduate university programmes in Greece and abroad.
This programme is addressed to graduates of secondary education who wish to pursue a career in the field of Media Production and Film Directing.
- Copy of High School Certificate (grade of 10 or above)
- Letters of Recommendation by High School teachers
- Copy of Identity Card
- Passport-sized photos
- Other certificates/degrees
- AMC Application Form
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.
Cases of candidates with proven knowledge in the field in addition to their secondary education are examined on a case-by-case basis.