Bachelor of Arts from University of East London.
BA (Hons) Early Childhood Education
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
Education in a specially designed laboratory that simulates the real working conditions of a nursery/kindergarten.
An innovative, online laboratory for the development of creative thinking.
Ability to fully study in Greek.
Practice-based placement & Volunteering
Application of theory in practice in the wide network of cooperating settings, nurseries and kindergartens of the College.
Simultaneous attending of seminars by renowned early childhood educators.
Several Professional Options
Graduates of this programme may work at preschool centres (crèches and nurseries, kindergartens, creativity centres, etc.).
The BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies, at Metropolitan College, is designed with contemporary theoretical and academic approaches and is constantly updated to respond to the professional demands of an ever-expanding field, adapted to the needs of the 21st century. At the same time, it cultivates and promotes the science of Pedagogy through academic teaching and research.
The curriculum combines theory with practice and places emphasis on the development of critical thinking and research spirit of the students. It is addressed to anyone who wishes to offer their services to children at the most sensitive and important age of their life, namely at the age when children start discovering, developing at all levels, exploring, and actively participating in the learning process.
The BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies is completely adapted to the modern needs of Preschool Education. The graduates of this programme can work at early childhood centres (crèches and nurseries, kindergartens, creativity centres, etc.). They can also collaborate with institutions where the presence and involvement of early childhood educators is considered necessary.
MODULES PER YEAR
- Exploring Children’s Social Contexts
- Early Childhood Development
- Children with Additional Needs
- Pedagogy and didactic: approaches for Early Childhood
- Child Health Education
- Mental Wealth: Academic and Professional Skills for Life 1
- Professional Practice 1
- Mental Wealth: Academic and Professional Skills for Life 2
- Building Research Communities
- Introduction to Human Rights Education
- Developmental Psychopathology
- Social Justice and Intercultural Education
- Issues in Early Childhood Development
- Professional Practice 2
- Mental Wealth: Academic and Professional Skills for Life 3
- Critical and global perspectives on education
- Independent Research Project
- Leading and Managing Partnerships in the Early Childhood Education
- Professional Practice 3
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The Department of Early Childhood Studies, BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies, offers the necessary qualifications to those who wish to engage professionally with preschool children and get employment as early childhood educators. Graduates of this programme will be able to:
- establish and/or manage Preschool Centres of a broad range (crèches and/or nurseries, kindergartens, creativity centres, etc.)
- teach at such centres and cooperate with institutions, where the presence and involvement of specialists for children between 0 and 8 years old is considered necessary (hospitals, rehabilitation centres, etc.).
In addition, they can continue their studies in postgraduate programmes in Greece and abroad.
This programme is addressed to graduates of secondary education who wish to engage professionally with preschool children.
- Copy of High School Certificate
- Letters of Recommendation by High School teachers
- Copy of Identity Card
- Passport-sized photos
- Copy of English language certificate (if required)
- Other certificates/degrees
- AMC Application Form
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.
Cases of candidates with proven knowledge in the field in addition to their secondary education are examined on a case-by-case basis.