Bachelor of Arts from University of East London.
BA (Hons) Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
Application of theory in practice in the wide network of cooperating settings, institutions and special education schools of the College.
Metropolitan College collaborates with the Hellenic Dyslexia Association and sponsors the European Dyslexia Association (EDA).
Education in the state-of-the-art Laboratory of Special Learning Disabilities that simulates the professional environment.
Ability to fully study in Greek.
Simultaneous attending of seminars by renowned special educators.
The BA (Hons) Special Education, at Metropolitan College, is to train and develop highly qualified scientists and professional special educators. It is addressed to those who wish to contribute to the field of Special Education and covers a wide range of the child’s pedagogy, education and social development.
As a science, Special Education is the study and integration of people with disabilities in the wider educational and social context. At Metropolitan College, students receive the necessary scientific training in order to be able to offer their services to help the smooth integration of children with special abilities in society and ensure their comprehensive education as well.
The programme helps students cultivate a reflective approach in Special Education and develop their critical spirit and thinking. It also examines the application of Special Education in practice, under the light of the theoretical approach and the legal framework governing it.
During their studies, our students get in touch with their future profession through lectures and seminars by experienced special educators as well as through a practice-based placement and voluntary work in the wide network of cooperating settings, schools and special education institutions.
MODULES PER YEAR
- Integrated ICT in Special Education
- Teaching and learning in children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
- Therapeutic and Educational Approaches in Special Education
- Research in Special Education – An Introduction
- Special Education Principles
- Mental Wealth: Academic and Professional Skills for Life 1
- Professional Practice in SEND 1
- Mental Wealth: Academic and Professional Skills for Life 2
- Building Research Communities
- Developmental Disorders- From theory to practice 1
- Developmental Disorders_ From theory to practice 2
- Children with SEND: social and emotional wellbeing
- Leadership in Special Education
- Professional Practice in SEND 2
- Mental Wealth: Academic and Professional Skills for Life 3
- Critical and global perspectives on education
- Volunteering in SEND
- Independent Research Project
- Communication and Interaction
- Professional Practice in SEND 3
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The Special Education Department, BA (Hons) Special Education, offers the necessary qualifications to those who wish to develop professionally in the field of Special Education. Graduates of this programme will be able to:
- work as Special Educators in public and private special schools, foundations/associations and institutions dealing with child support
- collaborate with settings where the presence and involvement of specialists (hospitals, rehabilitation centres, etc.) is considered necessary.
In addition, they can continue their studies in postgraduate programmes in Greece and abroad.
This programme is addressed to graduates of secondary education who wish to pursue a career as Special Educators.
- Copy of High School Certificate
- Letters of Recommendation by High School teachers
- Copy of Identity Card
- Passport-sized photos
- Copy of English language certificate (if required)
- Other certificates/degrees
- AMC Application Formυ
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.
Cases of candidates with proven knowledge in the field in addition to their secondary education are examined on a case-by-case basis.