Master of Arts from the University of East London, internationally recognised as a “pioneer” in research according to the State Quality Control (Research Excellence Framework/REF 2021).
MA Ιnformation and Communication Technologies in Education
Master’s degree in Information and Communication Technologies in Education
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
Practical application of digital technologies in educational planning, development and assessment of applications and environments using ICT.
Groundbreaking teaching methods
Combining theory and practice for full understanding.
Lectures, workshops and courses from professionals with years of experience
Potential to be awarded credit points
Training with the potential of being awarded credit points for employment in the public sector.
Plethora of career prospects
Professional integration in education, in all levels and organisations of the private and public sector.
Flexible class schedule
Ideal timetable for working students and completion of studies in one academic year.
MA in Information and Communication Technologies in Education at Metropolitan College offers specialised knowledge in the educational use of ICT in education, educational planning, development and assessment of educational digital applications and environments using ICT.
To that end, MA in Information and Communication Technologies in Education equips students with skills concerned with main educational processes, including critical analysis and reflection, critical research, scholarship and research, action planning and assessment, as well as collaborative learning.
Through the above processes, students acquire a comprehensive picture on the modern views and educational research, they enhance their critical thinking and analysis and develop several practical, mental, organisational, personal, communicative and professional skills. The ultimate goal of the programme is to enrich their scientific knowledge and to familiarise themselves with their research skills or enhance these research skills.
The curriculum is designed for Humanities graduates and professionals, who are interested in the application of ICT in the field of education. It consists of two courses of 30 credits in the first semester, two courses of 30 credits in the second semester and a 60-credit dissertation.
- Educational Strategies
- Digital Games in Education
- Trends in Digital Technologies in Education
- Theoretical approaches, Design and Development of Educational Digital Applications
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
MA in Information and Communication Technologies in Education prepares professionals from a wide range of fields, so that they grow and expand their professional horizon, pursuing employment in:
- pre-school education
- primary (kindergarten and primary schools) and secondary education schools
- special education schools
- creative activities centres
- facilities that deal with supporting children
- administrative positions in education, in the private and public sector.
Or work as Counsellors in:
- education facilities (e.g., New Technologies training centres, STEM)
- educational applications and software companies
- special committees of the State (Ministry of Education) as well as of the private sector (Museums, Research Institutions) that require the presence and participation of specialists in Information and Communication Technologies in Education.
MA Information and Communication Technologies in Education is addressed to a wide range of Humanities graduates and professionals that wish to develop professionally in the field of Information and Communication Technologies.
Supporting documents for enrolling
- Undergraduate degree from educational institutions in Greece or abroad in Early Childhood Education, Special Educational Needs, Sociology, Computer Science or other relevant fields in Humanities.
- Reference letters
- ID card
- English Certificate (IELTS 6.0 or equivalent for the English programme)
- Highschool diploma
- Other degrees (if any)
- Application to enrol at Metropolitan College
The evaluation of the above supporting documents is completed during the personal interview of the candidates.