Master of Arts from University of East London.
MA Special Educational Needs (SEN)
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
Metropolitan College collaborates with the Hellenic Dyslexia Association and sponsors the European Dyslexia Association (EDA).
Education in the state-of-the-art Laboratory of Special Learning Disabilities that simulates the professional environment.
Ability to fully study in Greek.
Application of theory in practice in the wide network of cooperating settings, institutions and special education schools of the College.
Ideal timetable for working students and completion of the programme in one academic year.
Simultaneous attending of seminars by renowned special educators.
The MA Special Educational Needs (SEN), at Metropolitan College offers high level academic and professional skills in the science of Special Education. Its main goal is to specialise students in Special Educational Needs and critical evaluation.
During their postgraduate studies, students will have the opportunity to learn and understand in depth the values and practices of the science of Special Education. At the same time, the purpose of this postgraduate programme is to teach them specialised skills that they will apply later during their involvement with people with disabilities. The postgraduate programme MA Special Educational Needs (SEN) encourages students to apply the theoretical models of Special Education that will be taught to them in their professional activities as well. In particular, it focuses on the social dimension of Special Education, which enables graduates to impart social, emotional and academic education, as well as to provide specialised and substantial support to people with disabilities.
The programme is addressed to a wide range of graduates, mainly special educators, educators, early childhood educators, teachers, psychologists and speech therapists, but also to anyone who wishes to deepen and expand their knowledge in Special Education.
One of the additional benefits of this postgraduate programme is that the Metropolitan College collaborates with a multitude of settings, institutions and special education schools where students can get in touch with their future profession through a practice-based placement.
- Critical Approaches to Inclusive Education
- Exploring Behaviour: theories and perspectives for practice
- Exploring literacy difficulties and dyslexia: Themes and perspectives
- Autism spectrum Disorder and Educational Approaches
- Research Methodologies and Dissertation
- Professional Practice
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The postgraduate programme MA Special Educational Needs (SEN) offers the necessary qualifications to those who wish to advance professionally and become more competitive in the field of Special Education.
Graduates can use their knowledge to work in:
- special schools,
- preschools and creative activity centres,
- nurseries and kindergartens,
- foundations/associations and institutions focused on child support,
- institutions and organisations where the presence and involvement of Special Education professionals (hospitals, rehabilitation centres, etc.) is considered necessary.
The programme is addressed to a wide range of graduates and professionals of several fields (Early Childhood Educators, Special Educators, Primary and Secondary Education Teachers, Foreign Language Teachers, Psychologists, Sociologists, Speech Therapists, etc.) who want to advance professionally in Special Education.
- Copy of University degree (issued by Greek or foreign Universities)
- At least two years professional experience in the field (desirable not compulsory)
- Letters of Recommendation
- Copy of Identity Card
- Passport-sized photos
- Copy of English language certificate (if required)
- Other certificates/degrees
- AMC Application Formυ
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.
Candidates without a degree, but with relevant professional experience and proven knowledge of the subject matter are encouraged to apply.