More than 1,000 hours of clinical training in 28 weeks through collaborations.
BSc (Hons) Dietetics
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Classes in laboratories
Several hours of learning in the fully organised and proprietary labs for Nutrition and Clinical Dietetics, Chemistry – Biochemistry and Food Physical Chemistry.
Degree from a top International University
Bachelor of Science degree from Queen Margaret University.
The only College with Health Sciences graduates who are registered members of the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
Product Design and Development
The only Dietetics Department that carried out a research project for the design and production of the innovative super-food “MyBoukitsa”.
The BSc (Hons) Dietetics at the Metropolitan College aims to train Dietitians both in the sector of prevention in a healthy population as well as in assessing and treating cases at a clinical level. It is in fact the only Dietetics department in Greece that covers both the field of Clinical Dietetics and Nutrition.
It focuses on the acquisition of clinical skills and in fostering critical thinking in students, who practice continuously in the College’s purpose-built state-of-the-art laboratories, they take field trips and perform 28 weeks of clinical training in hospitals and Dietetics centres.
Modern lifestyle and contemporary eating habits have created new needs for proper nutrition; mainly for health reasons, but for aesthetic ones as well.
Nutrition and Dietetics professionals possess specialised and scientific knowledge and are in a position to create personal, individualised diets for their customers, to provide them with moral support, to monitor their weight fluctuations and help them balance their physical and mental health.
MODULES PER YEAR
- Dietetics Profession & the Interdisciplinary Practice
- Cell Biology & Nutrigenetics
- Food Science & Microbiology
- Introduction to Nutrition & Nutritional Assessment
- Nutrient Metabolism
- Research Methods in Evidence-Based Practice
- Health Psychology & Behavioural Change
- Pharmacology & Immunopathology
- Placement A: Introduction to Dietetic Practice
- Nutrition through the Life Cycle
- Dietetic Management of Clinical Conditions I
- Nutritional Epidemiology & Public Health
- Dietetic Management of Clinical Conditions II
- Pathophysiology & Disease Management
- Sports Nutrition & Health
- Honours Project
- Innovative & Emerging Practice
- Placement B
- Placement C
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Dietetics graduates possess all the skills required to evolve further and have a career as:
- Nutrition & Dietetics Consultants/Professionals, Nutritionists, Clinical Dieticians in:
Mass Nutrition Centres (e.g. Nursing homes, Restaurants, Hotels, Weight Loss Institutes – Centres, Sports Centres, Physical Therapy Centres, Food Industries), hospitals, clinics and institutions, as well as in places where the presence and involvement of experts in the science of Dietetics is deemed necessary.
- Freelancers, by establishing their own Dietetics centre.
This programme is aimed at graduates of secondary education who wish to advance professionally in the field of Dietetics.
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of recommendation / reference from academics or employers
- Other certificates/degrees
Cases of candidates with proven knowledge in the field in addition to their secondary education are examined on a case-by-case basis.
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.