The Metropolitan College’s Physiotherapy Department is part of the ENPHE network (European Network of Physiotherapy in Higher Education).
BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Member of the ENPHE Network
Degree from a top International University
Bachelor of Science degree from Queen Margaret University.
Specialisation in 3 Physiotherapy theme areas
The curriculum covers Musculoskeletal, Neurological as well as Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation.
Classes in laboratories
Numerous hours of learning in the purpose-built proprietary Physiotherapy labs with state-of-the-art equipment.
Completion of 1,000 hours of practice, which is required for students to receive professional accreditation and certification, within the wide network of clinical collaborations of the Metropolitan College.
The only College with Health Sciences graduates who are registered members of the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
Plethora of career prospects
Possibility of employment in a wide range of health organisations (e.g. rehabilitation centres, hospitals, speech and language therapy centres, institutions for individuals with special needs, NGOs, etc.).
The BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy studies at the Metropolitan College focus on both theory as well as practice and its clinical application. The main goal of the programme is to form physiotherapists who possess the clinical skills required in the fields of prevention, assessment, treatment and recovery from diseases and injuries.
The modules of the Physiotherapy course are structured is such a way so as to cultivate a systematic approach to a broad range of clinical cases and interdisciplinary collaboration among health professionals. At the same time they promote the development of a critical and research spirit.
Continuous training of our specialised teaching personnel ensures that the programme is in line with contemporary scientific and educational standards.
Furthermore, as a Member of the ENPHE Network (European Network of Physiotherapy in Higher Education) – the values of which it upholds, the Physiotherapy Department of the Metropolitan College aims to improve the quality of education, research and knowledge through communication among European education institutions, always in accordance with the requirements of the World Confederation for Physical Therapy (WCPT).
At the same time, ENPHE organises an annual conference in some of the member-states, where professors and course leaders exchange experience and knowledge on educational and research issues. In addition, training seminars are carried out every year, which are directed to Physiotherapy professors of the member-faculties.
MODULES PER YEAR
- Academic skills in Physiotherapy
- Principles of Physiotherapy Practice
- Applied Anatomy, principles of Kinesiology & Biomechanics
- Biopsychosocial factors in Health Care
- Research Methods
- Manual handling & Infection control Academic
- English I
- Principles of Exercise Therapy
- Physiotherapy Practice II: cardiorespiratory
- Physiotherapy Practice I: neuromusculoskeletal
- Physiotherapy Practice III: neuroscience, neurological physiotherapy & rehabilitation
- Physiotherapy in Sport Injuries
- Practice-based Learning I
- Cardio-pulmonary Resuscitation Academic
- English II
- Practice-based Learning II
- Advancement of Neuromuskuloskeletal Management
- IPE (Interprofessional Education)
- Clinical Management of complex cases
- Practice-based Learning III
- Health Promotion & Behaviour Change
- Academic English III
- Issues in Physiotherapy & Health
- Practice-based Learning IV
- Applied honours-research project
- Personal & Professional Development
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Physiotherapy Department graduates are highly trained and can advance professionally in the field of Physiotherapy. More specifically, they can pursue careers in:
- rehabilitation centres
- private speech and language therapy centres
- institutions for children with special needs
- research centres
Furthermore, they can work as freelancers, by practising the profession in the private sector, or they can continue their studies in postgraduate university programs in Greece and abroad, for further specialisation.
This programme is aimed at graduates of secondary education who wish to advance professionally in the field of Physiotherapy.
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of recommendation / reference from academics or employers
- Other certificates/degrees
- Cases of candidates with proven knowledge in the field in addition to theirSecondary education are examined on a case-by-case basis.
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.