Mandatory clinical training of at least 1,000 hours in the wide network of collaborating health centres and podiatry clinics.
BSc (Hons) Podiatry
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
Bachelor of Science degree from Queen Margaret University.
Numerous hours of practice on assessing and treating real patients, under the supervision of experienced Podiatrists in the College’s proprietary Podiatry Clinic.
Immediate professional integration
A variety of career options in a promising specialisation, both in Greece and abroad.
The programme meets the requirements for graduates to register with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), the competent institution in England issuing licences for practising the profession.
Participation in Conferences
Fostering a research spirit through participation in Greek and international scientific conferences as well as research publications in scientific journals.
The Metropolitan College offers the first and only Bachelor course in Podiatry in Greece. The Podiatry department aims to help form Podiatrists who will be able to deal with a wide range of podiatry health disorders.
Podiatrists provide preventative care, diagnosis and treatment to a wide range of problems related to the feet, ankles and lower legs. These can include infections, defects and injuries, as well as foot and nail conditions related to other major health disorders, such as diabetes. Furthermore, they provide advice to patients in order to improve their mobility, their independence and their quality of life. Podiatrists collaborate with a team of scientists, including nurses, physiotherapists and doctors.
The Podiatry course at the Metropolitan College includes extensive practical training which enables students to practice on case studies and on the individual examination of each case, as well as to advance their professional development. The BSc (Hons) Podiatry course consists of contemporary modules which focus on six broad scientific areas, all of them directly related to the profession of Podiatry: Clinical Studies, Locomotory Science, Physiology, Disorders and Management, Interprofessional teamwork, and Evidence Based Health Care.
MODULES PER YEAR
- Clinical Studies 1
- Locomotory Science 1: Anatomy
- Locomotory Science 1: Principles of Gait
- Human Physiology
- Disorders & Management (Soft Tissues, Nails & Skin)
- Academic Skills
- Evidence Based Health Care 1: Understanding the Use of Evidence
- Clinical Studies 2
- Locomotory Science: Normal Gait
- Disorders & Management 2: Musculoskeletal
- Physiology 2: Pathophysiology
- Professional Roles & Interprofessional Teamwork
- Human Physiology & Pharmacology 1
- Evidence Based Health Care
- Research Design
- Clinical Studies 3
- Locomotory Science 3: Pathological Gait
- Evidence Based Health Care 3: Appraising The Evidence
- Evidence Based Health Care 3: Designing A Clinical Audit
- Disorders & Management 3: Endocrine, Vascular, Neurological
- Interprofessional Education
- Professional Issues
- Dissertation (Core)
- Clinical Studies 4: Reflection (Core)
- Podiatric Mechanics (Elective)
- Medicine & Pathology (Elective)
- Evaluation of Diabetes & Developing Practice (Elective)
- Developing Resources for Patient Education (Elective)
- Health Psychology & Diabetes (Elective)
- Political & Social Contexts (Elective)
- Tissue Viability (Elective)
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The BSc (Hons) Podiatry programme offers the necessary qualifications to those who wish to advance professionally in the field of Podiatry. Graduates can work in:
- private podiatry clinics
- complementary therapy clinics
- sports clubs
- nursing centres
- Occupational Therapy centres
Furthermore, they can work as freelancers, practising the profession privately.
This programme is aimed at graduates of secondary education who wish to advance professionally in the field of Podiatry.
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of recommendation / reference from academics or employers
- Other certificates/degrees
Cases of candidates with proven knowledge in the field in addition to their secondary education are examined on a case-by-case basis.
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.