Curriculum based on the list of skills set by the Sport and Exercise Nutrition Register (SENr) of Great Britain.
MSc Applied Sport and Exercise Nutrition
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Designed according to SENr standards
Capability to obtain ISAK accreditation
Preparation for Level 1 accreditation by the International Society for the Advancement of Kinanthropometry (ISAK).
Degree from a top International University
Master of Science degree from the Oxford Brookes University, with a long tradition in Health Sciences studies.
Classes in laboratories
Numerous hours of learning in the purpose-built proprietary labs of the Metropolitan College with state-of-the-art equipment.
Solid collaborations with distinguished athletes, gyms, schools and food organisations providing unique learning, practice and research opportunities.
Plethora of career prospects
Possibility of employment in a wide range of health and sports organisations (e.g. Sports centres, hospitals/sanatoriums, schools, food or food supplements production companies, etc.).
The MSc in Applied Sport and Exercise Nutrition at Metropolitan College aims to offer specialised knowledge and advanced professional skills in the field of Sport Nutrition, which are essential for the development of Dietitians and Sport Specialists in the competitive labour market.
In line with modern international scientific and educational standards, MSc Applied Sport and Exercise Nutrition offers graduates and professionals alike expert knowledge on proper nutritional practices at all stages of human life, as well as on nutritional needs when exercising or during illnesses.
In this context, modules are included that focus on the metabolic and physiological responses of people during exercise and training, on the different levels of intensity and the multivariate relations between physical activity, diet and health, on the nutritional factors affecting immediate and chronic responses to training and on the use of laboratory methods for assessing athletic performance, nutritional status and body composition.
The course is completed with education provided on moral and ethical issues involved in counselling individuals on physical activities and lifestyle habits, as well as on the nutritional habits of athletes of different sports and different nationalities. Finally, students also learn how to research topics related to the programme’s subject matter.
Finally, the course includes preparation for Level 1 ISAK (International Society for the Advancement of Kinanthropometry) accreditation, as part of the module Laboratory Techniques in Sport and Exercise Nutrition (MCNU-7009).
- Human Nutrition (for Sports Science graduates) or Exercise Physiology (for graduates in Dietetics/Nutrition)
- Nutrition, Physical Activity and Health
- Sport and Exercise Nutrition in Practice
- Laboratory Techniques in Sport and Exercise Nutrition
- Applied Practice in Sport, Exercise and Nutrition
- Research Methods
- Research Project
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The MSc Applied Sport and Exercise Nutrition is aimed at graduates of Dietetics/Nutrition, Sport and Biological Sciences who wish to become more competitive in their field by gaining experience in applied sport nutrition.
Graduates of this course can work in Greece and abroad as specialised scientists:
- in the nutritional management of athletes of all levels as well as of healthy and unhealthy groups of the population (either by themselves or as part of an interprofessional team)
- in sport venues, hospitals/sanatoriums, schools as well as in food and/or food supplements production companies.
Furthermore, they have the opportunity to continue their studies at a doctoral level in European Universities.
This programme is aimed at Dietitians/Nutritionists, graduates and professionals, as well as experts in the field of sports who wish to become more competitive in their sector.
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Certified English translation of Bachelor’s Degree and transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of recommendation / reference from academics or employers
- Curriculum Vitae – CV
- Evidence of work experience (where applicable)
- Other certificates/degrees
The student must provide certified copies of official certificates from their previous institution. It should state that the student has completed the programme or qualification. Additional documentation may be required.
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.