Bachelor of Arts from Queen Margaret University.
BA Culinary Arts and Food Service Development
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
The Faculty of Hospitality and Tourism Management has won the “Best Hotel Education Provider” award 5 times in the Greek Hospitality Awards (2016, 2017,2018, 2019 and 2020) as well as the Gold Award in Tourism Awards 2021.
Member of UNWTO
The only Greek college that is a member of the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) – a UN specialized agency.
Member of SETE
Member of the Association of Greek Tourism Enterprises (SETE)
Member of EURHODIP
Member of the Leading Hotel Schools in Europe Association (EURHODIP)
Global Academic Partner AHLEI
The only Global Academic Partner of the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) in Greece.
Innovative undergraduate programme in Culinary Arts offered for the first time in Greece.
Fully and luxuriously equipped laboratories simulating the real operation of a 5-star hotel
International career prospects
Opportunity to work in Greece and abroad
The BA Culinary Arts and Food Service Development programme is up to date, taking into consideration the latest trends in food industry, and focuses on practical classes which take place in specialized labs.
The food industry is full of new trends nowadays. It relies, mostly, on: customer service, creativity and high expertise. The Food industry is one of the most dynamic and rapidly growing industries with significant career prospects both in Greece and abroad.
MODULES PER YEAR
- Food and Beverage Operations
- Basic Culinary skills & Methods
- Basic Baking and Pastry Skills
- Introduction to the Service Business Environment
- Economics for the Culinary arts Industry
- Introduction to Culinary Technology
- Safety & Sanitation in the Food Industry
- Advanced Culinary Skills & Methods
- Advanced Baking and pastry Skills
- Food Science and Human Nutrition in hospitality
- Internships in the Food Service Industry
- Advanced business and management skills for the culinary industry
- Catering, symposium and volume food service
- Food & Communication
- Culinary concept development and production
- Study Skills
- Flavour theory and practice
- Quick serve food
- Fine Dining
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The Food industry is one of the most dynamic and rapidly growing industries. This growth generates numerous opportunities for highly-qualified professionals. The BA Culinary Arts and Food Service Development programme offers the necessary skills to those who wish to advance professionally in the food industry. Graduates of the programme can:
- Chefs both in Greece and abroad
- Developers of catering products
- Consultants of food industries
- Write-editors in the food industry
- Flavor consultants
- Create and develop their own franchise company
- Manage big fast food chains or gourmet restaurants
The programme is addressed to graduate students of culinary or pastry schools and professionals who wish to pursue a career in the area of Food industry.
- Copy of High School Certificate
- Professional Experience in food industry (if applicable)
- Letters of Recommendation by High School teachers
- Copy of Identity Card
- Passport-sized photos
- AMC Application Form
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.