Bachelor of Arts from Queen Margaret University.
BA Culinary Arts, Baking and Patisserie
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
The Faculty of Hospitality and Tourism Management has won the “Best Hotel Education Provider” award 5 times in the Greek Hospitality Awards (2016, 2017,2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021) as well as the Gold Award in Tourism Awards 2021.
Member of UNWTO
The only Greek college that is a member of the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) – a UN specialized agency.
Member of SETE
Member of the Association of Greek Tourism Enterprises (SETE)
Member of EURHODIP
Member of the Leading Hotel Schools in Europe Association (EURHODIP)
Global Academic Partner AHLEI
The only Global Academic Partner of the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) in Greece.
Innovative undergraduate programme in Culinary Arts offered for the first time in Greece.
Fully and luxuriously equipped laboratories simulating the real operation of a 5-star hotel
International career prospects
Opportunity to work in Greece and abroad
The BA Culinary Arts, Baking and Patisserie programme is up to date, taking into consideration the latest trends in food industry, and focuses on practical classes which take place in specialized labs.
The bakery and pastry industry is flooded, nowadays, with new trends. It relies, mostly, on: customer service, creativity and high expertise. The Bakery and Pastry industry is one of the most dynamic and rapidly growing industries with significant career prospects both in Greece and abroad.
MODULES PER YEAR
- Food and Beverage Operations
- Basic Culinary skills & Methods
- Basic Baking and Pastry Skills
- Introduction to the Service Business Environment
- Economics for the Culinary arts Industry
- Introduction to Culinary Technology
- Safety & Sanitation in the Food Industry
- Advanced Culinary Skills & Methods
- Advanced Baking and pastry Skills
- Food Science and Human Nutrition in hospitality
- Internships in the Food Service Industry
- Advanced business and management skills for the culinary industry
- Catering, symposium and volume food service
- Food & Communication
- Culinary concept development and production
- Study Skills
- Creative International Pastry
- Advanced Baking Technology
- Café operations and beverage services
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The bakery and pastry industry is one of the most dynamic and rapidly growing industries. This growth generates numerous opportunities for highly-qualified professionals. The BA Culinary Arts, Baking and Patisserie programme offers the necessary skills to those who wish to advance professionally in the food industry. Graduates of the programme can:
- Chefs both in Greece and abroad
- Coffee Baristas
- Developers of catering products
- Consultants of bakery and pastry industries
- Write-editors in the bakery and pastry industry
- Flavor consultants
- Create and develop their own franchise company
- Manage big coffee chains
The programme is addressed to graduate students of culinary or pastry schools and professionals who wish to pursue a career in the area of bakery and pastry industry.
- Copy of High School Certificate
- Professional Experience in bakery and pastry industry (if applicable)
- Letters of Recommendation by High School teachers
- Copy of Identity Card
- Passport-sized photos
- AMC Application Form
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.