The Faculty of Hospitality and Tourism Management has won the “Best Hotel Education Provider” award 6 times in the Greek Hospitality Awards (2016, 2017,2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021) as well as the Gold Award in Tourism Awards 2021.
BA (Hons) International Hospitality and Tourism Management
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Member of UNWTO
The only Greek college that is a member of the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) – a UN specialized agency.
Member of SETE
Member of the Association of Greek Tourism Enterprises (SETE)
Member of EURHODIP
Member of the Leading Hotel Schools in Europe Association (EURHODIP)
Global Academic Partner AHLEI
The only Global Academic Partner of the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) in Greece
Institution HoTEL OPEN FORUM
Seminars, workshops and events by prominent personalities of the hotel industry
Paid Practice-based placement
Students are trained in practice in large enterprises of the hospitality industry
Fully and luxuriously equipped laboratories simulating the real operation of a 5-star hotel
Renowned faculty members
Holders of PhD and Master degrees with extensive counselling experience in hotels and tourism companies, as well as excellent relations with the tourism market.
The main objective of the BA (Hons) Hospitality and International Tourism Management programme is to become an incubator for specialised executives able to work in senior and top management positions of the tourism sector, which is one of the most important financial activities in our country.
Graduates of the programme gain all necessary qualifications for their professional advancement in the hotel industry and in the entire spectrum of the international tourism industry.
The need for well-trained professionals both in the local and the international market of Hospitality and Tourism has become imperative. The Industry is developing rapidly and so is the need for trained and ambitious executives who will lead successful careers. It is precisely in this context that the programme’s mission is to equip students with the necessary academic and technical knowledge that they will need in their professional careers.
Not only does it give them the opportunity to enrich their knowledge in key issues of the Tourism and Hospitality sector, but also to delve deeply into modern methodologies and techniques. The programme also gives students the opportunity to learn foreign languages during their 4 year of study in this particular programme.
MODULES PER YEAR
- Foundations of Marketing
- Business Economics
- Intro to finance & accounting
- Introduction to Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Hospitality Management Practices & Practicals
- Principles & Practice of Tourism Management
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Niche Tourism
- Customer Experience
- Work placement
- Exploring Strategy
- New Enterprise Creation
- Sustainable Management of Hospitality Enterprises
- Business Research Methods
- Contemporary Food and Drink
- Tourism and Developing Countries
- Management Insight & Consultancy
- International Destination Management
- Contemporary Issues (Challenges) in Hospitality & Tourism
- Honours Dissertation
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The “industry” of Hospitality and Tourism is one of the most dynamic, and rapidly growing every year. This growth comes with several career opportunities for properly qualified executives. The BA (Hons) Hospitality and International Tourism Management programme offers the necessary qualifications to those who want to develop professionally in the Tourism industry.
Graduates of this programme will be able to:
- Pursue a career as executives, taking positions of responsibility and decision-making, in various sectors of the tourism industry, such as: Hospitals and resorts, Conference Venues, Counselling Companies in the tourism and hotel sectors, Event Management Companies, Travel agencies, International tour operators, Restaurants and Catering, Airlines and Cruise Companies, Counselling and educational services in the Hospitality and Tourism sector, Institutional Hospitality Management, National, regional and local tourism agencies, Cultural and Entertainment venues, Theme Parks and Attractions
- Work as freelancers, creating and developing their own tourism business.
- Continue their studies in postgraduate university programmes in Greece and abroad.
This programme is addressed to graduates of secondary education who wish to advance professionally in the field of hospitality and tourism management.
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of recommendation / reference from academics or employers
- Other certificates/degrees
- Cases of candidates with proven knowledge in the field in addition to their secondary education are examined on a case-by-case basis.
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.