Online training course by EHL Group (VET by EHL) that encompasses Ecole Hôtelière de Lausanne – the world’s 1st Hospitality School.
Online Hospitality Hygiene & Safety Training
VET BY EHL
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
The world’s 1st Hospitality School
Certificate VET by EHL
Upon successful completion, the course offers a personalized statement of completion issued by VET by EHL. You may see a certificate sample here.
14 online lessons
Set of 14 online lessons with instructor led video material, a toolbox for daily activities, handouts and tests.
An online course designed for self-learning, on any device (desktop, laptop, mobile phone and tablet). Pace chosen by the learner.
Up to date course
Designed to meet the current needs of international hospitality labour market, this up to date course in hygiene and safety, trains staff of hospitality businesses for the new challenges posed by COVID-19 and other viruses/diseases.
Hotel & Restaurant professionals
Suitable for hotel & restaurant professionals, as well as, hospitality students.
“Hospitality Hygiene & Safety Training” is a fully online program developed by Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL) Faculty, the world’s 1st Hospitality School.
The aim of this course –which is in line with the Swiss competency framework – is to train staff of hospitality businesses for the new challenges posed by COVID-19 and other viruses/diseases. In this course, learners will learn aspects of hygiene, from uniform discipline to the general safety standards such as HACCP. It is adapted to the new challenges based on the impacts of COVID-19 and other viruses/diseases, providing clients and operators with a trustworthy solution to navigate this new environment. The course offers a set of 14 online lessons complete with instructor led video material, handouts and tests. The course must have been completed within 45 days. The successful completion of the course leads to a personalized certificate issued by VET by EHL.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The course consists of 14 chapters that cover the latest standards and practices in hygiene and safety issues:
- Basics of Hygiene
- Personal & Professional Hygiene – new normal good practices
- Personal & Professional Hygiene in Rooms Operations
- Personal & Professional Hygiene in F&B Operations
- Occupational Health & Safety Best Practices
- Causes, Symptoms & Remedies for hygiene issues
- Introduction to HACCP method
- Safety at work
- Slips, Trips & Falls
- Safety Aids & Tools in case of Fire
- Causes of Fires & Benefits of a Fire Drill
- Ways to handle food allergies
- The Importance of Documentation & Checklists
- Ways to Handle Guest’s Food poisoning & Alcohol Intoxication
Who will benefit from the training
- Hotel, Restaurant and other hospitality staff in operational roles including front-desk, housekeeping, kitchen and F&B service.
- Hotel, Restaurant and hospitality supervisors wishing to coach their staff on hygiene and safety best practices.