Master of Science from the Oxford Brookes University
MSc International Hospitality, Events and Tourism Management
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a Top International University
Oxford Brookes University is the 18th best university in the world for tourism studies.
The Faculty of Hospitality and Tourism Management has received the “Best Hotel Education Provider” in the Greek Hospitality Awards, from 2016 to 2022. It has also been 4 times awarded in the Tourism Awards (2020, 2021,2022, and 2023).
Member of UNWTO
The only Greek college that is a member of the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) – a UN specialized agency.
Member of SETE
Member of the Association of Greek Tourism Enterprises (SETE)
Member of EURHODIP
Member of the Leading Hotel Schools in Europe Association (EURHODIP)
Global Academic Partner AHLEI
The only Global Academic Partner of the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) in Greece
Fully and luxuriously equipped laboratories simulating the real operation of a 5-star hotel
Ideal timetable for working students and completion of the programme in one academic year.
Career Day Tourism
Organising Career Days in Tourism to connect students and graduates with the market
Guidance from renowned professionals in the industry
Seminars by powerful executives of the hospitality industry aiming at the continuous training and skills development.
Students visit hotels, restaurants and tourism-related businesses in order to gain a deeper understanding on how they operate.
For the first time ever, the Metropolitan College introduces to Greece the innovative MSc International Hospitality, Events and Tourism Management postgraduate programme that combines tourism, hospitality and event management of all types (conventions, exhibitions, incentive travel etc.).
The programme is offered in collaboration with one of the top British Universities in the tourism industry, the Oxford Brookes University, while the academic staff are holders of Master and PhD degrees with professional experience in the hospitality industry.
Greece is one of the most popular tourism destinations in the world in an increasingly competitive environment, which means that the industry is looking for highly qualified executives. The curriculum equips students with the knowledge and skills necessary for everyone working in the tourism sector. The programme’s international orientation is a strong ally towards a career in Greece and abroad, while the modern nature of the courses guarantees a competitive CV for students.
- Τourism, Hospitality and Events Industry
- Marketing and Consumer Behavior of Τourism, Hospitality and Events Industry
- Digital Strategies at the Distribution of Tourism services
- Business Management in Hospitality
- Strategies in Accounting and Financial Management
- Leadership and Coaching
- Methodology of Research
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Tourism
- Postgraduate Research & Thesis Assignment
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
In response to the demands of the modern international labour market, the MSc International Hospitality, Events and Tourism Management programme offers the necessary qualifications to those who want to pursue a career in the tourism sector.
If they want, postgraduate students will have the opportunity to do a practice-based placement or work (provided that their profile allows for it) in the following areas and job positions: F&B (service, hostess, restaurant supervisor, F&B assistant), Front office (reservations, sales, secretary, groom, concierge), Sales, Marketing, Events. Upon completion of their studies, graduates of the programme will be able to:
- Pursue a career as senior and top executives in hotel businesses and organisations.
- Continue their studies at doctoral level in Greece and abroad.
This programme is addressed to a wide range of graduates and professionals who wish to advance professionally in the field of hotel businesses management.
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Certified English translation of Bachelor’s Degree and transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of recommendation / reference from academics or employers
- Curriculum Vitae – CV
- Evidence of work experience (where applicable)
- Other certificates/degrees
The student must provide certified copies of official certificates from their previous institution. It should state that the student has completed the programme or qualification. Additional documentation may be required.
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.