Bachelor of Science from University of East London, 2nd in student satisfaction in Psychology studies (National Student Satisfaction Survey, London, 2014).
BSc (Hons) Psychology
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
Ability to join the BPS
Ability to join the British Psychological Society (BPS).
Ability to fully study in Greek
Dealing with actual cases in the wide network of collaborating private and public mental health institutions.
Attending seminars and events by renowned psychologists.
The aim the BSC (Hons) Psychology programme is to create psychotherapists characterised by professionalism, empathy and critical thinking. Emphasis is given to both an overview of the history of Psychology and to individual theories and approaches that study thinking, emotion and the behaviour of human beings.
Psychologists strive to understand, predict and affect human behaviour through documenting and research. The curriculum of Metropolitan College trains students to approach each case separately and subjectively. To this end, a large portion of the studies is dedicated to studying factors that affect the human function and include social, organic, developmental, cognitive and emotional implications. In addition, it emphasises on research methodology, through which students learn about research strategies and methods for analysing data.
The design and content of the BSc (Hons) Psychology programme meets the requirements of the British Psychological Society (BPS).
Graduates of the programme have the right to join the Society, as graduates of a recognised course (Graduate Member) and they have the ability to obtain a Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC), which is the basis for continuing onto postgraduate studies or vocational training programmes in the field and the first step toward becoming a Chartered Member of the Association.
Upon completion of their studies in Metropolitan College, the degree is awarded directly from University of London, which was 2nd in choosing psychology studies, according to the National Student Satisfaction Survey, London 2014.
MODULES PER YEAR
- Thinking Like a Psychologist (Mental Wealth)
- Introduction to Biological and Social Psychology and Individual Differences
- Introduction to Cognitive and Developmental Psychology
- Psychology in Applied Contexts
- Researching with Small Samples
- Researching with Larger Samples
- Individual Differences and Diversity (Mental Wealth)
- Psychological Research Methods
- Topics in Developmental and Cognitive Psychology
- Applications of Psychobiology and Social Psychology
- Work-based Learning in Psychology
- Psychology, Identity & Society
- Psychological Research Project
- Employability and Developing your Career Pathway
- Health Psychology
- Forensic Psychology: Criminal Conduct
- Wellbeing & Resilience in the face of conflict and disaster
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Graduates of the BSc (Hons) Psychology course have all the necessary skills to advance professionally in Psychology.
Graduates of the course may work as:
- Psychologists in public and private institutions, clinical frameworks, hospitals, schools, NGOs, etc.
- Freelancers, by opening their own practice.
In addition, they can continue their studies in postgraduate courses in Greece and abroad and specialise even further.
This programme aims at graduates of secondary education who wish to advance professionally in the field of Psychology.
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of recommendation / reference from academics or employers
- Other certificates/degrees
Cases of candidates with proven knowledge in the field in addition to their secondary education are examined on a case-by-case basis.
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.
ΜSc Clinical & Community Psychology
MSc Business Psychology
MSc Applied Positive Psychology and Coaching Psychology
MA Counselling and Psychotherapy
MA Child Psychology for Education
Professional Doctorate in Psychology with Counselling Practice (Level 8)
ΜΑ Special Educational Needs (SEN)