Master of Science from University of East London, universally acknowledged as “groundbreaking” in terms of research according to the State Quality Control (Research Excellence Framework/REF 2021), and 2nd in the choice of studies in psychology, according to the National Student Satisfaction Survey, London.
ΜSc Cognitive Neuropsychology
Master in Cognitive Neuropsychology
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
Focus on interdisciplinary research
Interdisciplinary development of the theoretical-research aspect of Neuropsychology for assessing and rehabilitating neuropsychological disorders.
Development of practical skills
Training in the application of assessment and rehabilitation protocols.
Lectures, workshops and courses from professionals with years of experience.
Plethora of career prospects
Professional integration in rehabilitation units, neurology departments of public and private hospitals, research centres, etc.
Flexible class schedule
Ideal timetable for working students and completion of studies in one academic year.
ΜSc Cognitive Neuropsychology at Metropolitan College aims at helping Psychology graduates and professionals develop an in-depth understanding of the anatomy of the brain, brain damage and its functions and to develop into research scientists.
Emphasising on modern brain research, MSc Cognitive Neuropsychology focuses on neurological syndromes and disorders, as well as on the creation of special assessment and rehabilitation protocols. During their studies, students familiarise themselves with neurological damages pertaining to the entire range of brain function and expand their critical review skills.
The learning and education process takes place through the lens of modern neuropsychological and neurological theories, research and its application. The ultimate goal of the programme is for the students to foster research skills and prepare them so they can develop into able and ethically complete scientists-researchers in their field.
- Cognitive Neuropsychology
- Neuropsychological Development through the Lifespan and Neuropsychological
- Assessment and Intervention in Cognitive Neuropsychology
- Advanced Research Methods
- Independent Research Dissertation
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
MSc Cognitive Neuropsychology prepares graduates or professional psychologists, able to pursue a successful career in the Neuropsychology sector. Graduates of the programme have the qualifications and the scientific background to work in:
- rehabilitation centres
- elderly care facilities
- neurological departments of hospitals and specialised clinics
- research centres
- or as psychologists specialised in neuropsychological syndromes and disorders by combining their knowledge with another sector of applied psychology (e.g., Clinical Psychology or Counselling Psychology)
In addition, they may continue their education at a PhD level and obtain further skills in clinical assessment and intervention or follow an academic career.
ΜSc Cognitive Neuropsychology is addressed to students wishing to continue and expand the range of their knowledge and their professional horizon.
Supporting documents for enrolling
- Undergraduate degree from Greek or foreign universities in Psychology, Social Psychology, Counselling, Education or other similar fields in Humanities and Health Sciences
- Reference letters
- ID card
- Diploma/certificate in the English language
- Highschool diploma
- Other degrees (if any)
- Application to enrol at Metropolitan College
The evaluation of the above supporting documents is completed during the personal interview of the candidates.