Bachelor of Science degree from Solent University of Southampton, the world leader in shipping studies.
MSc International Shipping and Logistics
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
Innovative Master’s degree
This is the only Master’s degree in Greece specialising in Shipping & Logistics.
Renowned faculty members
The programme is staffed by one of the finest teams of academic personnel in Europe, who combine research excellence and business knowledge.
It contains contemporary modules that allow students to develop in-depth knowledge of the international supply chain and to have successful careers in the rapidly developing Shipping industry.
International career prospects
The course’s graduates broaden their professional career prospects in managerial positions in the Shipping industry in Greece and abroad.
Networking with shipping companies
The Metropolitan College has established strong links with the industry and offers its students the opportunity to network with Shipping Companies.
Accredited by the ICS
This is an accredited programme and it is validated by the Institute of- Chartered Shipbrokers-ICS, an attribute which is held in high esteem in the shipping industry.
Over 90% of the world’s goods are transported by sea, making shipping the most vital part of world trade. The MSc in International Shipping and Logistics of the Southampton Solent University helps students develop the key skills and knowledge required to tap into this exciting, global industry and have successful careers.
In the current marketplace, shipping executives need to understand all aspects of the international supply chain management. As the shipping industry evolves towards an integrated, door-to-door logistics approach, such knowledge becomes increasingly important. This postgraduate course is designed to equip students with the skills and knowledge sought after by employers within this dynamic industry. The modules aim to enable students to develop a detailed understanding of the operations and strategies of shipping as a unique and integral transport mode within the context of the international supply chain. Recently, the Southampton Solent University launched the China Centre (Maritime), with its main objective being to develop strong links with the industry and maritime universities in China, enabling the university to be at the forefront of international research and global trade developments.
- Maritime Management
- International Maritime Law
- Maritime Operations and Transport
- Project Management Methodology
- Research Methods and Proposal
- Supply Chain Management
- Operational Risk Management
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Graduates have the opportunity to pursue a variety of careers such as:
- General and project management roles within relevant shipping and/or logistics organisations and businesses
- Ship and shipping company management
- Port Management companies
- Port development
- Third party logistics
- Storage and cross-docking administration
- Management of international freight flows
The programme is addressed to a wide range of graduates and professionals who wish to distinguish themselves in the Maritime industry, thus we welcome applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Certified English translation of Bachelor’s Degree and transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of recommendation / reference from academics or employers
- Curriculum Vitae – CV
- Evidence of work experience (where applicable)
- Other certificates/degrees
The student must provide certified copies of official certificates from their previous institution. It should state that the student has completed the programme or qualification. Additional documentation may be required.
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.