Bachelor of Science degree from the University of East London.
BSc (Hons) Sports Coaching and Physical Education
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
Lessons in sport laboratories – facilities with state-of-the-art equipment.
Collaboration with a sport centre and a biomechanics lab.
Attendance of a large number of educational seminars along with studies.
A one-year work placement within the wide network of collaborating sports teams & organisations.
The BSc (Hons) Sports Coaching and Physical Education at the Metropolitan College combines academic knowledge with practical application and is aimed at sports fans who want to help others develop their skills and talents in a sport to the fullest.
The curriculum of the Sports Coaching and Physical Education course is designed to guide students to develop the skills required to become inspired coaches, to be in a position to analyse athletic performance and sports psychology, as well as to plan comprehensive exercise/coaching programmes that maximise athletic performance.
With a key priority being professional integration, the course includes an entire year of Work Placement within the Metropolitan College’s wide network of collaborating sports organisations, institutions and teams. During the Work Placement, students train intensively in core and optional sports. At the same time, the collaboration with a sport centre and a biomechanics lab is yet another major advantage the course offers.
The BSc (Hons) in Sports Coaching and Physical Education covers areas related to maximising athletic performance, such as biokinetics (biomechanical analysis of movement), sports psychology as well as sports nutrition and coaching principles. In addition, it includes linking coaching to management. Coach-managers prepare athletes in tactics issues in order to fully utilise their potential.
Upon completion of the course, graduates are able to plan general and/or inclusive physical education programmes, as well as to prepare athletes and sports teams in tactics issues in order to maximise their athletic performance.
MODULES PER YEAR
- Anatomy and Physiology for Sport
- Coaching Principles
- Essential Skills for Sport (Mental Wealth)
- Human Performance
- Psychological Aspects of Sport
- Development of Sport
- Inclusion in Youth Sport & PE
- Principles & Practice in Teaching & Coaching
- Physiological and Nutritional Assessment for Sports Performance
- Research Methods & Design (Professional Career Development in Sport) Mental Wealth
- The Psychology of Sport and Exercise
- Disability, Sport & PE
- Sports Coaching Practice and Expertise Development (Placement year)
- Nutrition for Sporting Health
- Applied Research Project in Sport
- Strength & Conditioning
- Education & Development in Sport (Employability and Mental Wealth)
- Applied Teaching Practice
- Work Placement (Mental Wealth)
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Graduates of the Metropolitan College’s Sports Coaching and Physical Education Department have received comprehensive training and possess the necessary qualifications to advance professionally in the field of Coaching and Physical Education.
More specifically, they can pursue a career as professional coaches in:
- public sport organisations
- private sports clubs
- private gyms
- professional/amateur sports teams
- sports academies
- hotels offering well-being and fitness programmes
Furthermore, they can work as independent personal trainers or continue their studies in postgraduate courses in Greece and abroad.
The BSc (Hons) course in Sports Coaching & Physical Education is aimed at graduates of secondary education who wish to advance professionally in the Sports sector with specialisation in the field of Coaching and Physical Education.
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of recommendation / reference from academics or employers
- Other certificates/degrees
Cases of candidates with proven knowledge in the field in addition to theirSecondary education are examined on a case-by-case basis.
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.