Master of Arts degree from Solent University.
MA Sport Development & Management
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
Emphasis placed on the business side of sports.
for gaining experience and network development.
Teaching personnel with theoretical training, practical experience and a wide network of collaborations in sport management.
Plethora of Career Prospects
Professional Integration in a variety of sectors (tourism, entertainment, health, education, quality of life).
Flexible class schedule
Ideal timetable for working students and completion of studies in one academic year.
Seminars by renowned professionals, aiming at ongoing learning and skills development.
The MA Sport Development & Management at the Metropolitan College examines in even greater depth the specialised aspects and targeted actions of Sport Management. The course’s objective is to train students in key management principles and sport development programmes, as well as to form professionals who are able to meet the demands of the rapidly growing field of sport industry.
The organisation of sporting events, the management of sport facilities as well as the management of sport organisations and businesses create the need for executives with expert management knowledge, adapted to the sports product.
The ΜΑ in Sport Development & Management focuses on the business side of sports. Through comprehension of modern research, administrative and commercial trends in sport management, while having international sport organisations as a benchmark, students are trained in planning, managing, advertising, organising, cultivating, projecting and developing a sport and the federation representing it.
Graduates possess all necessary knowledge to purse top-tier positions in the field of sport management and to handle issues related to strategic planning, budgeting, sport law, human resources, marketing and sponsorships, management of facilities and overall development in a large number of sectors (tourism, entertainment, health, education, quality of life).
- Research Methods in Sport
- Monitoring and Evaluation in Sport
- Theory and Practice in Sport Development
- Sport Policy and Practice
- Professional Practice
- International Sport, Business Culture and Media
- Research Paper
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The specialised postgraduate course in Sport Development & Management offers the necessary qualifications to those who wish to advance professionally in the field of Development & Management, in a variety of sectors that are directly or indirectly related to sports.
The course’s graduates can work in:
- public sport organisations
- sport-related state bodies (e.g. General Secretariat for Sports / sport federations-associations)
- Sport Société Anonymes (Basketball SAs & Football SAs)
- European and international federations (UEFA, FIFA, IAAF, FIBA, etc.)
- European and international sport-for-development and sport management projects (e.g., United Nations, UNESCO)
- private sports clubs
- private gyms
- local governments (e.g. municipal and community sports programmes)
- professional/amateur teams and clubs
- tourism organisations and hotels
- Marketing/Sales departments in sportswear companies
- NGOs active in the fields of educational, cultural, recreational and sporting activities
The MA in Sport Development & Management is aimed at graduates and professionals from the field of sports who wish to expand their knowledge and skills and pursue top management positions in their sector.
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Certified English translation of Bachelor’s Degree and transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of recommendation / reference from academics or employers
- Curriculum Vitae – CV
- Evidence of work experience (where applicable)
- Other certificates/degrees
The student must provide certified copies of official certificates from their previous institution. It should state that the student has completed the programme or qualification. Additional documentation may be required.
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.