Globally recognized Bachelor of Science degree from Oxford Brookes University.
BSc (Hons) Psychology - Online
Degree from a Top International University
This programme of study is offered fully online.
Students acquire hands- on knowledge on high-tech psychological diagnosis methods.
Emphasis on soft skills development
Students become equipped with interpersonal practical and analytical skills, indispensable for a successful career.
Specialized modules in research methods
Ηands-on experience of specific techniques for gathering data, including experimental work.
Seminars and lectures by renowned psychology professionals, in tandem with the programme of study.
Student Support services help students with a wide range of different issues including the academic performance and progress on studies, mental health issues and professional development.
Metropolitan College offers online studies on Psychology in collaboration Oxford Brookes University. Τhe BSc (Hons) Psychology - Online programme of study provides students with a wide range of personal and professional skills for a successful career development.
This online programme of study gives students the opportunity to explore main Psychology theories and topics from the highly practical to the deeply philosophical aspect, to gradually develop their knowledge and skills and, finally, become professionals able to improve people’s lives.
Through this three-year online course, students will learn a wide range of psychological diagnosis methods and gain hands- on knowledge in the complex interactions between brain behavior and physical experience. They will also be trained in Psychology research methods which include experimental work, specific techniques for gathering data, as well as specialized modules on qualitative methods and designing questionnaires.
The programme of study, also, focuses on the soft skills development. Students are equipped with a range of interpersonal, practical and analytical skills, which are crucial for a successful career path in Psychology or any other scientific field. Key employability skills and careers advice are nested in modules through the three years. The “Work and Organizational Psychology” final year module gives emphasis on problem-based learning and the application of psychology graduate skills in the workplace.
The final Psychology project (dissertation) is carried under the supervision of an academic member experienced in research that gives students the opportunity to demonstrate the skills and knowledge they have gained and prove their ability to conduct a research in psychology.
MODULES PER YEAR
- Introduction to Psychological Research
- Introduction to Key Areas in Psychology
- Academic Skills in Psychology
- Contemporary Issues in Psychology
- Psychology & Human Factors
- Psychological Research Methods & Statistics 1
- Psychological Research Methods & Statistics 2
- Perception & Action
- Health Behaviour across the Lifespan
- Applying Social Psychology to Global Challenges
- Memory & Language
- Personality & Psychometrics
- Attachment & Human Development: A Lifespan Approach
- Psychology Project
- Conceptual Issues & Critical Debates in Psychology
- Work and Organisational Psychology
- Health and Unhealthy Romantic Relationships
- The Psychology of Developmental Disorders
- The Psychology of Motor Skill and Play
- The Psychology of Mental Health Conditions
Graduates of the BSc (Hons) Psychology course have all the necessary skills to advance professionally in Psychology.
Graduates of the course may work as:
· Psychologists in public and private institutions, clinical frameworks, hospitals, schools, NGOs, etc.
· Freelancers, by opening their own practice.
In addition, they can continue their studies in postgraduate courses in Greece and abroad and specialise even further.
This programme aims at graduates of secondary education who wish to advance professionally in the field of Psychology.
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of recommendation / reference from academics or employers
- Other certificates/degrees
- Cases of candidates with proven knowledge in the field in addition to their secondary education are examined on a case-by-case basis.
- A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.
- MSc Psychology
- ΜSc Clinical & Community Psychology
- MSc Business Psychology
- MSc Applied Positive Psychology and Coaching Psychology
- MA Counselling and Psychotherapy
- MA Child Psychology for Education
- Professional Doctorate in Psychology with Counselling Practice (Level 8)
- ΜΑ Special Educational Needs (SEN)