The British Psychological Society (BPS) is the representative body for psychology and psychologists responsible for the promotion of excellence and ethical practice in the science, education, and application of the discipline, in the UK.
Introduction to Sport Psychology (BPS Approved)
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
The course is offered online and is completed in 20 hours.
Coaching skills oriented
The course focuses on stress management and motivation, applied to athletes.
Metropolitan College offers the “Introduction to Sport Psychology”, an online course designed to give learners the opportunity to gain knowledge and understanding of psychological theory and research as they apply to sport.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to demonstrate a comprehensive and systematic knowledge of concepts, theories and research in sport psychology and skills for analysis and synthesis of relevant information; Furthermore, they become aware of ethical constraints. They are also guided on how to demonstrate transferable skills or oral and written communication. Course Instructor: Dr. Vicky Goltsi, CPsychol, Chartered Sport & Exercise Psychologist.
- Stress and anxiety theories and models in sports (how theories of stress apply to sport settings)
- Human performance (the cognitive, physical and emotional dimensions of human performance in sports)
- Motivation Theory (classical and modern theories and models of motivation, applied in sports)
- Personality theory (analysis of athlete’s personality)
- Ethics (ethical considerations in working with athletes)
Who is it addressed to
The course is addressed to Psychology/Sport sciences/Coaching or Physical education students and graduates.