The programmes run for two weeks during June and July offering a unique mix of learning and international experiences in the Cradle of Western Civilization. They combine the unique cultural experience of Greece with the opportunity to attend specially designed courses that respond to your needs and exceed your expectations. Experience full cultural and social immersion through handpicked activities, including insider’s guided tours to the historic sites of Greece, island hopping, Mediterranean cuisine workshop, olive oil appreciation, winery visit and wine tasting. All of the activities are offered in an unparalleled way and have at their heart the authentic Greek hospitality.
Metropolitan College Summer Programmes for international students invite you to experience Greek culture in a welcoming environment that appreciates diversity and global perspectives both inside and outside the classroom.
- Campus Classroom and Lab space in state-of-the-art facilities
- Library facilities
- Pre-departure/arrival orientation
- Support in visa issues
- Welcome and farewell events
- Apartment-style or hotel-style accommodation
- 24/7 Emergency assistance
- Airport transfer service
- Special excursions and business field trips
- International Buddy programme: local students volunteering their time to serve as a window into AMC college life
- Dedicated and experienced International Student Services team to accommodate student needs
Usually summer programmes run from mid. June to mid. July. To find out about this summer’s dates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or press “Apply Now!” button below.
- Official transcript of academic records (high school, college or university)
- For non-native English speaking students: IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL Ibt 88 or any other qualification equivalent to B2 CEFRL
- Copy of valid passport or ID card
Who is eligible to apply?
We welcome applications from all adult learners including university students, professionals and those with other experience, regardless of educational background. All non-native English language applicants must also meet our language requirements (see What do I have to submit with my application? below)
How do I apply?
We begin accepting applications on December 1. You can choose to apply online or use the paper application available on our campuses.
What do I have to submit with my application?
A complete application consists of the following:
- Application Form
- Official University Transcript OR Student Issued Transcript
- For non-native English language students: IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL Ibt 88, or any other qualification equivalent to B2CEFRL.
- Copy of valid passport or ID card
- A passport-style photo in pdf or jpg
Will you notify me when my application is complete?
Yes. Once we have a complete application, we will review it and you will receive an email with the admission decision within two (2) weeks of the receipt of the complete application.
If I require assistance with the application, who should I contact?
Do I need a visa to study in Greece?
Metropolitan College Summer Programmes have a limited duration (shorter than 3 months), thus summer students do not need a student visa. Summer programme students from non-Schengen-Treaty countries should enter Greece on a tourist visa.
Will there be someone to welcome me at the airport?
Yes. Closer to the start of the programme, we will ask you to provide your arrival details so that we can arrange to pick you up from the airport.
What type of accommodation is available?
Our carefully chosen housing options enhance your experience abroad by allowing you to live like a local. Hotel or apartment-style accommodation will be provided within easy reach of the main campus where classes will take place.
What does the social programme include?
The social programme offers you a choice of both compulsory and optional activities during the week as well as the chance to explore some of Greece’s famous sights at the weekend.
Do I need to have insurance?
You are required to carry adequate health and travel insurance prior to starting class. The travel insurance should be valid for the entire duration that you are away, including but not limited to any travel that may be undertaken by you before, during or after the actual period of study.
Do I receive a certificate for the participation in Metropolitan College Summer Programmes?
Yes, Metropolitan College International Programmes staff will present you with a certificate of attendance at the end of the programme. This presupposes that all lectures, activities, site visits, and any other compulsory events were in fact attended.