Ability to fully study in Greek
MA Child Psychology for Education
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
Master of Arts from University of East London, an internationally acknowledged university.
Students do not only study, they also attend seminars from special educators and psychologists.
Ideal timetable for working students and completion of the course in one academic year.
MA in Child Psychology for Education offers high level academic and professional skills in Psychology and Education. During their studies, students have the chance to delve into and understand the principles and practices of Psychology that are applied in the educational process and also develop specialised skills, which they can later use to comprehend specific needs of students of all levels of education.
The programme encourages students to apply the theoretical models of Psychology they will learn to all educational frameworks, as well as their own educational teaching and their professional activity. It focuses on the educational dimension of Psychology, which makes graduates capable of providing specialised and substantial support to pupils and teenagers, in parallel to but also within the educational process as well as during the creation of of collaborative framework with the parents.
The programme is aimed at a wide range of graduates, mainly graduates with a degree in education (preschool, primary and secondary education, as well as special education), psychology departments, as well as to anyone wishing to expand their knowledge in the field of Applied Psychology in Education.
- Κey Issues in Developmental and Cognitive Psychology
- Educational Strategies
- Social Psychology of Education
- Key Issues in Educational Policies
- Obstacles to Learning and Instruction
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
MA in Child Psychology for Education provides the necessary qualifications to anyone wishing to develop professionally in the field of Education. Graduates become more competitive in the educational environment, as they understand the principles, practices, organisational and interpersonal dimensions of Education and Psychology, as well as the interconnection, interaction and mutual influence between them. Therefore, they can make use of their knowledge as:
- Employees at various levels of education, children’s recreation centres, crèches and kindergartens, institutions/associations and organisations that engage in supporting children, and institutions that deal with learning disabilities.
- Consultants collaborating with various bodies where it is necessary to have a teacher with knowledge on early detection, assessment and intervention of potential problems that pupils and youth, as well as their parents, may have to deal with.
The programme is aimed at a wide range of graduates and professionals of several fields (Preschool Education graduates, Special Education Teachers, Primary and Secondary Education Teachers, Foreign Language Teachers, Psychologists, Sociologists, etc.) that want to professionally develop in Education.
- Copy of University degree (issued by Greek or foreign Universities)
- At least two years professional experience in the field (desirable not compulsory)
- Letters of Recommendation
- Copy of Identity Card
- Passport-sized photos
- Copy of English language certificate (if required)
- Other certificates/degrees
- AMC Application Form.
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.
Candidates without a degree, but with relevant professional experience and proven knowledge of the subject matter are encouraged to apply.