Internationally recognised Bachelor of Science degree from the University of East London.
BSc (Hons) Cyber Security and Networks
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
Partner of EC-Council Academia
The Metropolitan College is an official EC-Council Academia Partner, the largest information systems certification body in the world, aiming at the provision of high-quality academic courses in Information Security (Cybersecurity).
Certified by CISCO
The Metropolitan College is the 1st Greek College that was recognised as an official certified centre by CISCO and offers Computing students the opportunity to obtain CISCO certifications during their studies.
Member of SEPE
The Metropolitan College is a member of SEPE, the Federation of Hellenic Information Technology & Communications, Enterprises.
Member of SAP
A member of the international network SAP University Alliances. During their studies, Computing students are offered specialised seminars by SAP, the leading company in the IT sector.
Member of ORACLE
A member of the Oracle University Workforce Development Program. During their studies, Computing students are provided with the opportunity to obtain Oracle certifications.
Metropolitan College is the 1st College in Greece that has received the British Computer Societ (BCS) Academic Membership.
Metropolitan College has been also recognized as; SAP University Alliances Member and GitHub Education Member.
Classes in laboratories
Numerous hours of learning in the purpose-built proprietary Computing labs with state-of-the-art equipment.
Immediate professional integration
Graduates of the Computer Networks Department can pursue careers in a wide network of partner companies.
The BSc (Hons) Cyber Security and Networks constitutes a specialised programme of study in Computing, with a clear focus on Computer Networks. The curriculum is comprehensive and based on the principles and applications of the design, development and maintenance of networks to be used by local and international organisations.
Nowadays, almost all computers are connected to a network. Most computers are either connected to the Internet or a LAN network at home or at work. In essence, Computer Networks constitute the means through which computer units are connected to each other and exchange data, while companies use them to achieve their strategic goals.
Computer Networks and the Web have changed the way we live, work, learn and have fun. The BSc (Hons) Cyber Security and Networks prepares students for a successful career in Computer Systems and Computing in general. It places emphasis on the balanced development of the analytical, administrative and managerial skills of students with a view to helping them succeed professionally, while it also combines the necessary theoretical knowledge with the required practical skills. Students are asked to complete projects which help them meet the demands of the profession. In addition, the curriculum encourages research and problem-solving, thus preparing students for managerial positions in the field.
MODULES PER YEAR
- Information Systems Modelling & Design
- Software Development
- Computer Systems & Networks
- Web Technologies
- Maths for Computing
- Mental Wealth: Professional Life 1 (IT Project Pitching)
- Database Systems
- Data Communications and Networks
- Information Systems, Strategy and Management
- Cyber Security
- System Administration
- Mental Wealth : Professional Life 2 (Computing in Practice)
- Mental Wealth: Professional Life 3 (Project)
- Enterprise Architecture and Cloud Computing
- Business Continuity Planning
- Project Management
- Advanced Topics in Cyber Security and Networks
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
BSc (Hons) Cyber Security and Networks can:
- Have successful careers in Greek and multinational companies as: Telecommunication Network Engineers, Network Analysts, Network and Internet Specialists, Hardware Installation Coordinators, etc.
- Work as Business Consultants on issues related to IT, communications and networks, in commercial companies of all sizes as well as in various public and private bodies.
- Obtain professional accreditation from the world-renowned British institutions IMIS (Institute for the Management of Information Systems) and BCS (British Computer Society).
- Continue their studies in postgraduate courses in Greece and abroad.
This programme is aimed at graduates of secondary education who wish to advance professionally in the field of Computing and new technologies.
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of recommendation / reference from academics or employers
- Other certificates/degrees
Cases of candidates with proven knowledge in the field in addition to their secondary education are examined on a case-by-case basis.
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.