Master of Science degree from Solent University of Southampton, the world leader in shipping studies.
MSc Business Analytics in Shipping
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a Top International University
Contemporary programme of studies, dealing with current topics of the maritime sector, focusing on crisis management via upgraded programming methods.
The only master programme which combines shipping and computer science, giving emphasis on business analytics and decision making in shipping industry.
Renowned faculty members
The programme’s teaching staff is consisted by excellent academics who combine research experience and business knowledge.
Students gain direct experience of the shipping industry through a series of educational visits and masterclasses taught by leading business executives.
International Career Prospects
The courses graduated broaden their professional prospects in managerial positions in the shipping industry in Greece and abroad.
Networking with shipping companies
The Metropolitan College has established strong links with the industry and offers students the opportunity to network with top shipping companies.
Combining Shipping strategy techniques and Computing analysis, the MSc Business Analytics in Shipping
offers students significant theoretical knowledge, as well as, the skills to apply in practice on maritime business analysis issues.
Students will deal with international maritime legal issues, as well as, with crisis management issues concerning the maritime industry. Moreover, they will become familiar with data analysis and management and the techniques to be applied in the shipping sector. The programme also gives students the opportunity to enable and enhance their knowledge on programming methods and use of relevant tools. As graduates, they will be able to develop software in order to forecast high priority issues, such as the trends in the shipping freight markets.
- International Maritime Regulatory Framework
- Crisis Management in Maritime Operations
- Big Data Management and Decision Making
- Data Mining
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
MSc Business Analytics in Shipping graduates are able to work in any department of any shipping company or affiliate services shipping company. They are strong candidates in a variety of departments such as:
- the crisis management department
- the claims department
- the market analysis department
More specifically, as market analysts, they will be able analyse and forecast the various freight markets, having key role in the company’s strategy plan. They can also become advisors for shipowners on when to invest in either new or secondhand vessels or for chartering department on the type and duration of chartering the vessels.
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Certified English translation of Bachelor’s Degree [BSc or BA (Hons) with a 2.2] and transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency (a C1 or C2 level degree. Otherwise, they will need to sit in for the MC Achievement Test, whose score needs to be 6.5 on average, with Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing no less than 6.0.)
- Curriculum Vitae – CV
- Evidence of work experience (where applicable)
- Other certificates/degrees
- Recognition of prior learning and/or extensive professional experience is also applicable upon approval from Solent University link tutor.
The student must provide certified copies of official certificates from their previous institution. It should state that the student has completed the programme or qualification. Additional documentation may be required.
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.