Master of Science degree from Solent University of Southampton, the world leader in shipping studies.
MSc International Maritime Business
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
It is considered to be one of the top masters for maritime studies in the world and contains contemporary modules, focusing on maritime entrepreneurship, ship management and maritime business management.
Renowned faculty members
The programme is staffed by one of the finest teams of academic personnel in Europe, who combine research excellence and business knowledge.
Students gain direct experience of the shipping industry through a series of educational visits and masterclasses taught by leading business executives.
International career prospects
The course’s graduates broaden their professional career prospects in managerial positions in the Shipping industry in Greece and abroad.
Networking with shipping companies
The Metropolitan College has established strong links with the industry and offers its students the opportunity to network with Shipping Companies.
Accredited by the ICS
This is an accredited programme and it is validated by the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (ICS), an attribute which is held in high esteem in the shipping industry.
With a rich combination of theoretical knowledge and practical skills, the MSc in International Maritime Business of Solent University aims to form graduates who are well-equipped for a first-class career in ship management and in maritime or port activities, both in Greece and internationally.
The programme places particular emphasis on maritime entrepreneurship and explores in detail the complex factors involved in the management of ships and shipping companies worldwide. Students will also examine the main aspects of maritime law, risk management functions and techniques, and will assess the impact of international trade on management strategies in the shipping industry.
- Maritime Management
- International Maritime Law
- Maritime Operations and Transport
- International Trade and Commercial Law
- Economics of International Trade and Shipping
- Finance and Business Risk
- Research Methods and Proposal
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Suitable roles for graduates include:
- General and project management roles within relevant maritime organisations and businesses
- Ship and shipping company management
- Marine accident investigation
- Marine business development manager
- Voyage operations manager
- Port development manager
- Marine client manager
- Vessel operator
The programme is addressed to a wide range of graduates and professionals who wish to distinguish themselves in the Maritime industry, thus we welcome applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Certified English translation of Bachelor’s Degree and transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of recommendation / reference from academics or employers
- Curriculum Vitae – CV
- Evidence of work experience (where applicable)
- Other certificates/degrees
The student must provide certified copies of official certificates from their previous institution. It should state that the student has completed the programme or qualification. Additional documentation may be required.
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.