Master of Science degree from Solent University of Southampton, the world leader in shipping studies.
MSc Shipping, Energy Trading and Sustainability
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a Top International University
The only Master that combines shipping with international commodity trading and sustainability, focusing on “Green Shipping” and effective decision making under sustainable management.
Renowned faculty members
The programme’s teaching staff is consisted by excellent academics who combine research experience and business knowledge.
Students gain direct experience of the shipping industry through a series of educational visits and masterclasses taught by leading business executives.
International Career Prospects
The courses graduated broaden their professional prospects in managerial positions in the shipping industry in Greece and abroad.
Networking with shipping companies
The Metropolitan College has established strong links with the industry and offers students the opportunity to network with top shipping companies.
The MSc Shipping, Energy Trading and Sustainability offers high level academic and professional skills in one of the most crucial issues of the maritime industry. Its main goal is to specialize students in the basic pillars of sustainable management and critical evaluation of environmental issues.
During their studies at the MSc Shipping, Energy Trading and Sustainability course, students become familiar with international commodity trading theories and methods. They deal with major environmental issues linked to the sea commercial transportations and they get trained in order to be able to assess the three basic pillars of sustainable management in shipping.
To do so, students enable and enhance their knowledge on commodity trading and sustainable current issues in shipping, and apply to practice. Graduates are experts of the Health Safety Quality Environment (HSQE) department, having a key role in the application of International Safety Maritime Code. Specifically, they will be able to undertake efficient decisions towards “Green Shipping” and sustainable management in shipping. Furthermore, they deal with international maritime legal issues and with current issues on how to handle a crisis in the maritime industry.
- International Maritime Regulatory Framework
- Crisis Management in Maritime Operations
- International Commodity Trading
- Sustainable Management in Shipping
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
MSc Shipping, Energy Trading and Sustainability graduates are able to work in any department of any shipping company or affiliate services shipping company. They can also have a consulting role in trading companies on the international commodity trading. More specifically, graduates will be strong candidates as:
- quality department managers
- Health Safety Quality Environment (HSQE) department managers (decision makers in “Green Shipping” and sustainable management issues)
- market analysts (commodities merchandise analysis and decision strategy)
- claims department executives
- crisis managers
The MSc Shipping, Energy Trading and Sustainability programme is targeted to graduates with shipping, international commodity trading or sustainable management background, with or without relevant working experience. It is also addressed to a wide range of graduates and professionals who wish to distinguish themselves in the Maritime industry, thus we welcome applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Certified English translation of Bachelor’s Degree [BSc or BA (Hons) with a 2.2] and transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency (a C1 or C2 level degree. Otherwise, they will need to sit in for the MC Achievement Test, whose score needs to be 6.5 on average, with Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing no less than 6.0.)
- Curriculum Vitae – CV
- Evidence of work experience (where applicable)
- Other certificates/degrees
- Recognition of prior learning and/or extensive professional experience is also applicable upon approval from Solent University link tutor.
The student must provide certified copies of official certificates from their previous institution. It should state that the student has completed the programme or qualification. Additional documentation may be required.
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.