The program prepares participants for the Oracle Database SQL Certified Associate professional certification exams.
Oracle Database: Introduction to SQL
4 reasons for choosing this programme
Oracle Workforce Development Partner
The Metropolitan College is the first and only College in Greece to become an Oracle Workforce Development Partner.
Program participants obtain a sound knowledge in SQL, one of the most widely used Database management platforms worldwide.
Authorised access to Oracle training material posted on a Cloud environment, which includes training videos, practice in the use of the Cloud and a special online training seminar in preparation for the certification exams.
(following relevant examinations):
Oracle Database 12c SQL Certified Associate
As an Oracle Workforce Development Partner, the Metropolitan College offers a program for specialising in SQL, one of the most popular Database management platforms in the world.
The program covers query writing issues such as: database subqueries, combining multiple queries into one, queries using set operators, compiling aggregate reports using SQL group functions. Practising on the above subject areas takes place through the use of multiple practical exercises. Furthermore, the program prepares participants for the Oracle Database SQL Certified Associate professional certification exams.
The program covers topics such as:
- Retrieving Data using the SQL SELECT Statement
- Displaying and sorting data
- Single-Row Functions to Customize Output
- Using Conversion Functions and Conditional Expressions
- Reporting Aggregated Data Using the Group Functions
- Displaying Data from Multiple Tables Using JOINS
- Using Subqueries to solve Queries
- Managing Tables using DML statements
- Introduction to Data Definition Language and Data Dictionary Views
- Creating Sequences, Synonyms, Indexes
- Creating views
- Managing schema objects
- Retrieving Data by Using Subqueries
- Controlling User Access
- Managing Data in Different Time Zones
WHO IS IT ADDRESSED TO?
The program is aimed at students or recent graduates of Informatics Departments. To attend the program it is necessary to have an average level of familiarity with Database theory and a basic familiarity with SQL. It is indicatively mentioned that such a level of familiarity is achieved after completing a Database module in previous courses where SQL was also used as a tool.