Master of Science degree from Solent University of Southampton, the world leader in shipping studies.
MSc Fleet Management
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a Top International University
Contemporary programme of studies, focusing on efficient fleet management, with optimum chartering and operation of vessels.
Hard skills oriented
The only postgraduate programme which deals with crisis management in maritime operations; freight markets analysis, evaluation and forecast of its progress and optimum operation of vessels and fleet management.
Renowned faculty members
The programme’s teaching staff is consisted by excellent academics who combine research experience and business knowledge.
Students gain direct experience of the shipping industry through a series of educational visits and masterclasses taught by leading business executives.
International Career Prospects
The courses graduated broaden their professional prospects in managerial positions in the shipping industry in Greece and abroad.
Networking with shipping companies
The Metropolitan College has established strong links with the industry and offers students the opportunity to network with top shipping companies.
Focusing on a maritime economy crucial process and following the industry’s principles, the MSc Fleet Management, aims to provide know-how and specialization in chartering methods and efficient practices on fleet management.
During the MSc Fleet Management students become familiar with chartering methods, as used in practice. They develop negotiation skills and acquire in depth knowledge on how to analyze and forecast the freight markets and, finally, draft charter parties with the agreed terms. The programme also emphasizes on problem solving techniques applied on a wide range of maritime industry issues, including issues related to operations, international maritime law and crisis management. Additionally, graduates will have a key role in the operations department, as a link between the vessel and the shipping company.
- International Maritime Regulatory Framework
- Crisis Management in Maritime Operations
- Vessel Operations Management
- Chartering Theory and Practice
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
MSc Fleet Management graduates are able to work in any department of any shipping company or affiliate services shipping company. Graduates will be strong candidates as:
- in house brokers in Shipowners or Charterers Chartering Department
- competitive brokers in Ship Brokering companies
- market analysts (with a key role in the chartering strategy of the company)
- claims department executives
- crisis managers
- operation managers
The MSc Fleet Management programme is targeted to graduates with shipping background, but it is also addressed to a wide range of graduates and professionals who wish to distinguish themselves in the Maritime industry, thus we welcome applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds (with or without relevant working experience).
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Certified English translation of Bachelor’s Degree [BSc or BA (Hons) with a 2.2] and transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency (a C1 or C2 level degree. Otherwise, they will need to sit in for the MC Achievement Test, whose score needs to be 6.5 on average, with Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing no less than 6.0.)
- Curriculum Vitae – CV
- Evidence of work experience (where applicable)
- Other certificates/degrees
- Recognition of prior learning and/or extensive professional experience is also applicable upon approval from Solent University link tutor.
The student must provide certified copies of official certificates from their previous institution. It should state that the student has completed the programme or qualification. Additional documentation may be required.
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.