Bachelor of Arts degree from Queen Margaret University
BA in Media Production - Journalism
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
Top Academic Staff
Training by popular professional journalists
Creation of professional portfolio
Mandatory creation of real projects (news bulletins, reports, polls, debates, TV shows, print, blog etc.)
Active participation in real working conditions
Active participation of students in TV news and shows
Visits in TV and film studios, and TV networks
International career prospects
Opportunity to work in Greece and abroad
Studying Journalism at Metropolitan College prepares students for a successful professional integration in the field of Journalism and Media. The BA in Media Production – Journalism is a unique programme by Greek standards, designed to fully cover the various aspects of the subject of Journalism both at an academic and a practical level.
The main goal of the programme is to develop fully trained journalists who will be equipped with the necessary knowledge and professional skills to pursue a career in traditional and modern media.
The programme is offered in collaboration with the British Queen Margaret University. In response to the high standards of this British University, it largely focuses on Digital Technologies and the ever-evolving New Technologies that shape the current trends in the media market.
During their studies, students create their own personal portfolio that includes their individual projects, ranging from reporting to setting up their own blog and website. The project portfolio, which is completed upon graduation, adheres to professional standards and is a strong asset towards professional success.
The BA in Media Production – Journalism gives the opportunity of direct admission to the last year of studies, following an evaluation of the candidate’s former relevant education or professional experience.
MODULES PER YEAR
- Media Production 1
- Narrative and Representation in Film and Media
- Introduction to Media Audiences
- Introduction to Journalism
- Data Journalism, Researching & Reporting
- Ethical Issues in Journalism
- Journalism Writing and Interviewing
- Social Media Trends
- Media Production 2
- Media and Popular Culture
- Press and Public Relations
- Print and Digital Journalism
- Specialist Journalism
- Broadcast Journalism
- Media Culture and Society
- Strategies in the Converging Media Market
- Information Management on Digital Platforms
- Applied Journalism Project
- Online Journalism
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Graduates of the BA in Media Production – Journalism programme meet all the criteria to contend for important job positions in Journalism and Media in general.
More specifically, they can work in:
- TV, online and radio news productions,
- print and online journalism as assistant journalists, journalists and chief editors,
- the audio-visual industry, in the news editing and information teams,
- Press Offices of the private and public sector.
In addition, they can continue their studies in postgraduate university programmes in Greece and abroad.
This programme is addressed to graduates of secondary education who wish to pursue a career in the field of Journalism and Media Production.
- Copy of High School Certificate(grade of 10 or above)
- Letters of Recommendation by High School teachers
- Copy of Identity Card
- Passport-sized photos
- Other certificates/degrees
- AMC Application Form
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.
Cases of candidates with proven knowledge in the field in addition to their secondary education are examined on a case-by-case basis.