Master of Science degree from the University of East London
MSc Data Science
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
Opportunity to obtain certifications from CISCO and Oracle
Lessons in laboratories with advanced technology equipment and software
Member of SEPE
The Metropolitan College is a member of SEPE, the Federation of Hellenic Information Technology & Communications, Enterprises.
Ability to study entirely in Greek
The field of development of game applications is growing rapidly worldwide
Flexible class schedule
Ideal timetable for working students and completion of studies in one academic year.
Seminars by renowned professionals, aiming at ongoing training and skill development.
The Data Analyst profession is one of the most sought-after and one of the highest-paying jobs.
The MSc in Data Science at the Metropolitan College provides a theoretical and practical background on interdisciplinary topics that all Data Analysts are called to deal with, such as decision making, data analysis and mining, and machine learning.
Areas such as setting corporate goals, identifying opportunities and privileged customer groups, as well as decision making, are some of the key points where data analysis offers added value and a decisive comparative advantage to a business. This postgraduate course aims to equip students with valuable skills for their professional development.
The MSc in Data Science places emphasis on training students in advanced and up-to-date methods related to quantitative data analysis. In addition, combining theory with practical activities, the course includes several lessons in laboratories for students to practice on extracting information from large volumes of data.
Another advantage of the postgraduate course in Data Science is that it gives students the opportunity to obtain Oracle certifications during their studies. The Metropolitan College is part of the Oracle Workforce Development Program as an Oracle University Workforce Development Program Partner in Greece. In addition, it is the 1st Greek College to be recognised as an officially certified centre by CISCO.
Graduates of this course possess all the theoretical and practical background required in order to successfully meet the needs arising from the rapid development and increasing impact of the IT and New Technologies sectors, worldwide and in Greece, and to pursue top-tier positions.
- Mental Wealth: Professional Life (Data Ecology)
- Quantitative Data Analysis
- Advanced Decision Making
- Spatial Data Analysis
- Data Science Dissertation
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The MSc in Data Science offers specialised knowledge and skills to IT or Business professionals who want to become more competitive in the field of data analysis.
Graduates of this course have a significant advantage and the necessary background to:
- pursue positions as experienced data scientists in technology, computing and communications businesses and organisations;
- become members of world-renowned professional bodies such as BCS (British Computer Society) and IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers).
The MSc in Data Science is aimed at graduates and professionals from the fields of Computing, Sciences, as well as Business Administration and Economics, who wish to further develop their expertise and skills and to become professionally involved in data analysis.
- Bachelor degree in Informatics or related subject and certified English translation of Bachelor’s Degree and transcripts
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Diploma / certificate of English language knowledge § Other certificates/degrees (if any)
- Curriculum Vitae – CV § Letter of recommendation / reference from academics or employers
- Evidence of work experience (where applicable)
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and phot
Τhe student must provide certified copies of official certificates from their previous institution. It should state that the student has completed the programme or qualification. Additional documentation may be required.
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.