Bachelor of Arts degree from Solent University.
BA (Ηοns) Sport Management
REASONS FOR CHOOSING THIS PROGRAMME
Degree from a top International University
Lessons in sport laboratories – facilities with state-of-the-art equipment.
Collaboration with a sport centre and a biomechanics lab.
Full time engagement for gaining experience and network development.
Plethora of Career Prospects
Professional Integration in a variety of sectors and organisations (tourism, entertainment, health, education, quality of life).
Attendance of a large number of educational seminars along with studies.
The BA (Hons) in Sport Management at the Metropolitan College equips students with the necessary theoretical and practical knowledge in the running and management of sport organisations and is aimed at those who wish to combine their love or inclination towards sports with management skills.
On an international level, sports have become a business activity with an immense volume of investments, revenues and profits, the management of which requires people with specialised knowledge and experience. Nowadays, the sport product is no longer limited to fields and venues, but also expands to areas such as tourism, recreation, culture, education, health, local governments and entertainment.
During the Sport Management course, students are trained to be in a position to organise, guide and contribute to the realisation of events and development programmes for sports organisations and businesses, on a national and global level, in order to contribute to their growth as profitable businesses.
The course emphasises on the strategic development of sports at an economic, social and cultural level, as well as on key management principles, while always having world sports organisations as a benchmark.
Furthermore, aiming at professional integration, the course includes a full-time (supervised) work placement, which helps students gain valuable management experience and a network of contacts for future collaborations. In combination with the holistic approach of the sport industry and the related fields, this ensures professional integration in a variety of sectors and organisations (tourism, entertainment, health, education, quality of life).
MODULES PER YEAR
- Marketing Principles
- Management Principles
- Organizational Behavior
- Principles of Sport Development
- Research & Study Skills
- Sport & Social Issues
- Applied Sociology of Sport
- Operations Management
- Research Methods
- Policy & Practice in Sport Development
- Event Organization
- Applied Marketing & Practice
- Global Sport Issues
- Strategic Management
- Strategic Marketing
- Business Start Up
- Strategic Sport Development
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Graduates of the Sport Management Department of the Metropolitan College have the necessary qualifications to advance professionally in a variety of sectors directly or indirectly related to sports.
The course’s graduates can work in:
- public sports organisations;
- sport-related state bodies (e.g. General Secretariat for Sports / sport federations-associations)
- Sport Société Anonymes (Basketball SAs & Football SAs)
- European and international federations (UEFA, FIFA, IAAF, FIBA, etc.)
- European and international sport-for-development and sport management projects (e.g., United Nations, UNESCO)
- private sport clubs
- private gyms
- local governments (e.g. municipal and community sport programmes)
- professional/amateur teams and clubs
- tourism organisations and hotels
- Marketing/Sales departments in sportswear companies
- NGOs active in the fields of educational, cultural, recreational and sporting activities.
In addition, they can continue their studies in postgraduate courses in Greece and abroad.
This programme is aimed at graduates of secondary education who wish to advance professionally in the Sports sector with specialisation in the field of Management.
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of recommendation / reference from academics or employers
- Other certificates/degrees
Cases of candidates with proven knowledge in the field in addition to their secondary education are examined on a case-by-case basis.
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.